Engine Mechanical Topics Discussion for motor builds, cams, head work, stripped bolts and other engine related issues. The good and the bad. If it goes round and around or up and down, post it here.

Winter Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2018, 04:49 PM
13glidestreet
Advanced
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by cvaria
good for your stage 2 heads. maybe to OP will go with them
Those are good heads you have who cares what ever one else has to say. I’m sure the difference is very minimal. If I couldn’t get my heads done by S&S I would get those heads as well! All in all you got a product you are proud of and all the others can be weekend warriors lol

Old 01-13-2018, 07:01 PM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,189 Likes on 1,677 Posts

Originally Posted by 13glidestreet
Those are good heads you have who cares what ever one else has to say. I’m sure the difference is very minimal. If I couldn’t get my heads done by S&S I would get those heads as well! All in all you got a product you are proud of and all the others can be weekend warriors lol
don't get me wrong, i get the whole headwork/better flow spiel, i just don't care. i'm not into it. off the shelf only. lol i'm the guy turning the wrenches on, picking parts, riding on, and spending bacon on my bikes.

i'm looking forward to your dyno sheet. like i said before, it'd be nice to see what i left on the table. i'm sure you'll be dang happy. i'm super happy

Old 01-13-2018, 09:28 PM
13glidestreet
Advanced

don't get me wrong, i get the whole headwork/better flow spiel, i just don't care. i'm not into it. off the shelf only. lol i'm the guy turning the wrenches on, picking parts, riding on, and spending bacon on my bikes.

i'm looking forward to your dyno sheet. like i said before, it'd be nice to see what i left on the table. i'm sure you'll be dang happy. i'm super happy
I am sure it will be close. The sheet won’t be out for another month or so. The pistons are on back order right night so should be all wrapped up by March. Can’t wait to see what she is going to be putting down

Old 01-13-2018, 11:38 PM
iMedic
Intermediate
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Just watching to see the end results.

Old 01-14-2018, 06:47 AM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,811 Likes on 3,315 Posts

Interested in how this all settles out... I would expect more out of a Stage IV 110"er......

Old 01-14-2018, 09:26 PM
13glidestreet
Advanced

Originally Posted by iMedic
Just watching to see the end results.
Once I get her back I will post the final results. Should be a month or more. The pistons were on back order for 3-4 weeks. Don’t matter to be can’t ride with the weather right now anyways!

Old 01-15-2018, 04:48 AM
2013_FLHTK
Road Warrior
Received 1,043 Likes on 258 Posts

Who is doing your build and more importantly your tune?

Old 01-15-2018, 06:54 AM
prodrag1320
Banned
Received 622 Likes on 398 Posts

122hp/120tq (rounded). fine for an off the shelf parts bin. i have not so great dealer dyno tune because there are no great tuner's near tallahassee and i don't feel like riding or carting the bike down to Doc in Orlando. good daily driver. TBH, i ride my sportster more, it's more fun.

not interested. i don't do head work or custom. if i wanted custom s&s heads, i'd go with the FM outlaws, https://www.fuelmotousa.com/p-28619-...d-porting.html

so if I'm understanding you,your not into headwork,but your OK with a crappy tune?? very puzzling

The following users liked this post:
Fat11Lo (01-15-2018)
Old 01-15-2018, 07:34 AM
13glidestreet
Advanced

Originally Posted by 2013_FLHTK
Who is doing your build and more importantly your tune?
DAS Performance in MA is doing the build and tune. He is one of the best around!

Old 01-15-2018, 03:36 PM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,189 Likes on 1,677 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by prodrag1320
so if I'm understanding you,your not into headwork,but your OK with a crappy tune?? very puzzling
...Okay. What's more puzzling is that you read my entire post (right?) and still posted that stupid side-eyed, supercilious response.

I'm not a follower and I'm not gonna do what you or anyone else thinks I should do to MY stuff if I don't want to. I did what I planned to do, never gave a f*** about what anybody thought and never will.

Couple'a questions:
  1. Did you chip in on any of my stuff? We all know the answer is "No" and you are 100% out of line.

2. That being the case, why do you think your opinion of my stuff matters? In no uncertain terms, your opinion does not matter in terms of what I choose to do to my stuff.

3. Did I ,ever, ask you what I should be doing to my stuff? we both know that's hard "No". yet here you are... shooting off your mouth.

4. Do you see me pressing my stuff/style of doing things on anyone or telling people not to get headwork? Right, that's another hard "No". What you do see is a bunch of ***** asking why I'm not them and doing what they do. I'd like to think that I've been pretty cool about that bullshit. So why not, respectfully, return favor?

5. What are you trying to prove, that you are a tool and illiterate? I believe you... you can stop

If you, or anyone else, don't like what I did or decisions I made, good for you.

I'm glad we had the opportunity to have this talk and now have this meeting of the minds. It's good to get this kinda stuff out on the table to avoid these types of problems in the future.

Last edited by cvaria; 01-15-2018 at 03:41 PM.

Quick Reply: Winter Upgrade