Engine Mechanical Topics Discussion for motor builds, cams, head work, stripped bolts and other engine related issues. The good and the bad. If it goes round and around or up and down, post it here.

Winter Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 05:27 PM
2013_FLHTK
Road Warrior
Received 1,043 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by 13glidestreet
DAS Performance in MA is doing the build and tune. He is one of the best around!
Heard good things about DAS.

Old 01-15-2018, 10:07 PM
Rip53
Advanced
Received 50 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by cvaria
...Okay. What's more puzzling is that you read my entire post (right?) and still posted that stupid side-eyed, supercilious response.

I'm not a follower and I'm not gonna do what you or anyone else thinks I should do to MY stuff if I don't want to. I did what I planned to do, never gave a f*** about what anybody thought and never will.

Couple'a questions:
  1. Did you chip in on any of my stuff? We all know the answer is "No" and you are 100% out of line.

2. That being the case, why do you think your opinion of my stuff matters? In no uncertain terms, your opinion does not matter in terms of what I choose to do to my stuff.

3. Did I ,ever, ask you what I should be doing to my stuff? we both know that's hard "No". yet here you are... shooting off your mouth.

4. Do you see me pressing my stuff/style of doing things on anyone or telling people not to get headwork? Right, that's another hard "No". What you do see is a bunch of ***** asking why I'm not them and doing what they do. I'd like to think that I've been pretty cool about that bullshit. So why not, respectfully, return favor?

5. What are you trying to prove, that you are a tool and illiterate? I believe you... you can stop

If you, or anyone else, don't like what I did or decisions I made, good for you.

I'm glad we had the opportunity to have this talk and now have this meeting of the minds. It's good to get this kinda stuff out on the table to avoid these types of problems in the future.
Take it easy Francis

The following 2 users liked this post by Rip53:
Br125 (01-16-2018), jbarr1 (01-16-2018)
Old 01-16-2018, 02:29 AM
Arseclown
Road Captain
Received 181 Likes on 100 Posts

...Okay. What's more puzzling is that you read my entire post (right?) and still posted that stupid side-eyed, supercilious response.

I'm not a follower and I'm not gonna do what you or anyone else thinks I should do to MY stuff if I don't want to. I did what I planned to do, never gave a f*** about what anybody thought and never will.

Couple'a questions:
  1. Did you chip in on any of my stuff? We all know the answer is "No" and you are 100% out of line.

2. That being the case, why do you think your opinion of my stuff matters? In no uncertain terms, your opinion does not matter in terms of what I choose to do to my stuff.

3. Did I ,ever, ask you what I should be doing to my stuff? we both know that's hard "No". yet here you are... shooting off your mouth.

4. Do you see me pressing my stuff/style of doing things on anyone or telling people not to get headwork? Right, that's another hard "No". What you do see is a bunch of ***** asking why I'm not them and doing what they do. I'd like to think that I've been pretty cool about that bullshit. So why not, respectfully, return favor?

5. What are you trying to prove, that you are a tool and illiterate? I believe you... you can stop

If you, or anyone else, don't like what I did or decisions I made, good for you.

I'm glad we had the opportunity to have this talk and now have this meeting of the minds. It's good to get this kinda stuff out on the table to avoid these types of problems in the future.
Someone has their period don't they. Lmao

Last edited by Arseclown; 01-16-2018 at 02:32 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Br125 (01-16-2018)
Old 01-16-2018, 05:55 AM
Hillsidecycle.com
Sponsor
Received 816 Likes on 581 Posts

Eric, of Drakett Alternator Service (DAS), has seen 120 hp with 98" combos of ours........our Stage IV Heads.
Scott

Sales/Support 315-495-6650
www.hillsidecycle.com
Walk-in Retail Showroom
Complete H-D Machine Shop
Case & cylinder boring
Complete Cylinder Head Shop
High-Performance Engine Kits
Crank Rebuilding
Direct Link & PowerVision Tuning
Goodson HD Tooling Manufacturer
Maxton Mile World Record
4500 sq ft. facility

OVER 35 YEARS OF H-D ENGINE BUILDING.
See us on Facebook.
Old 01-16-2018, 08:12 AM
Screamin beagle
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,006 Likes on 1,999 Posts

Originally Posted by Hillsidecycle.com
Eric, of Drakett Alternator Service (DAS), has seen 120 hp with 98" combos of ours........our Stage IV Heads.
Scott
I see what you did there...lol.

Old 01-16-2018, 09:01 AM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,134 Likes on 763 Posts

122hp/120tq (rounded). fine for an off the shelf parts bin. i have not so great dealer dyno tune because there are no great tuner's near tallahassee and i don't feel like riding or carting the bike down to Doc in Orlando. good daily driver. TBH, i ride my sportster more, it's more fun.

not interested. i don't do head work or custom. if i wanted custom s&s heads, i'd go with the FM outlaws, https://www.fuelmotousa.com/p-28619-...d-porting.html

3 1/2hrs away but H&D in Lillian AL. If interested, talk to Heath. Tuned my bike and did a great job.

Old 01-16-2018, 11:52 AM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,189 Likes on 1,677 Posts

Originally Posted by Rip53
Take it easy Francis
Originally Posted by Arseclown
Someone has their period don't they. Lmao
As long as the message is received, I think we are good. Would seem like 90% of that would go without saying but, it needed to be said. I'm not putting up with wholesale disrespect. I'd expect no less from any of you.

I'm sorry I even had to do that in this thread.

Originally Posted by eaglefan1
3 1/2hrs away but H&D in Lillian AL. If interested, talk to Heath. Tuned my bike and did a great job.
I hear you. That's near the same distance as Doc. I'm just not willing to invest the time. It's not that big a deal to me. Thank you though.

Old 01-16-2018, 02:25 PM
hrdtail78
Road Warrior

Received 565 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by Hillsidecycle.com
Scott

He is also the man for sprag clutch pro charger pully's. Save them belts.

Old 01-16-2018, 03:02 PM
Hillsidecycle.com
Sponsor
Received 816 Likes on 581 Posts

G&G Engineering, Pelham, NH, use DAS for their tuning needs.

Last edited by Hillsidecycle.com; 01-16-2018 at 03:57 PM.
Old 03-26-2018, 08:26 PM
13glidestreet
Advanced
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Bike has been built just waiting on some warmer weather for the final break in and dyno tune. Final numbers will be posted soon!

Quick Reply: Winter Upgrade