Screaming Eagle Heads

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 09:50 AM
HGM
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Buddy WMC
OZ,
With what's been done, seems like your numbers are a little low. Are you sure about them?

I was thinking the same thing... Haveing done what I have to mine, I'm expecting close to 80hp/tq. Seeing all that he's done to still be in the 67hp range was a bit of a downer..

I believe you've got a good bit more than that Oz.. Not sure its worth $300 to prove it, as long as it feels good, thats all that really matters..

Old 10-06-2009, 07:55 AM
Buddy WMC
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Greg,

If OZ has the extra $$$, I'd like to see the bike set up properly after the new ignition install.
I'll bet he's got alot more too and it's good piece of mind to know the jetting and curves are correct.

We get alot of weather changes in Florida from the dry/rainy seasons. Mine was dynoed in February with a 70 temp and 32% humidity. During the summer mostly at 95 temp and 70% humidity, she only needed 1/4 turn out on the low speed and slight idle increase. The cool/dry season is right around the corner. Should be interesting to see what adjustments if any may be needed.

OZ, keep us posted. Gotta believe she's better that you think!!

Old 10-06-2009, 02:20 PM
Hackd
Elite HDF Member
Received 81 Likes on 76 Posts

Oz: You gotta be getting better numbers than that, especially if you can pull that 6 speed trans.

Back to the OP:
Originally Posted by skullhead
I'm thinking of changing over to the SE Heads this winter with the pistons to bump the compression up....

I'm just trying to keep her all Harley, I have no idea why it just seems the thing to do. I'm not trying to build a monster so I don't need best of each component just trying to get a little more out of the old girl.
What have you got done already? Appears you've got an aftermarket exhaust and air cleaner (are those MoCo items?). What has been done to the carb?

IMO, based on what you posted, I would save the $$$ and get the stock EVO heads 'worked'. CR I'd stay in the 9.5-10:1 range. You can accomplish this by a couple different means, all having their supporters and distractors. Again, IMO, a 80" EVO that puts out 80/80 (hp/tq) (minor mods) is a nice running engine, that will get decent fuel economy and have good longevity.

Last edited by Hackd; 10-06-2009 at 02:22 PM.