EVO All Evo Model Discussion

question for engine builders

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 09:54 PM
gsxrboy96
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HGM
You've certainly done your homework on it..

I have do disagree with some of the inferences of it being "green" though... As you said, its roughly 30% less efficient and the pumps I've seen, it costs about the same as 87.. So, compared to gas, its just as expensive per gallon and requires more fuel to do the job.. Add to that, its currently made as a corn bi-product.. The problem there, corn is renewable, but also very important to other areas of our life, such as food... As more fields are planted with corn to produce fuel, less will be planted for consumption by humans and livestock, causing our prices to go up accross the board. Then factor in that more farmers are growing corn rather than other crops due to its popularity.. More for fuel and more for food while still burning as much or more oil to harvest this magical ethanol... Then, dont forget, the fuel also attracts water and deteriorates much faster than gasoline.. All in all, I believe its a bad choice overall....

If you want green and clean, LPG and CNG would make much more sense..

Now, on the drag strip.. It makes perfect sense for all the reasons you mentioned.. Various alcohols have been used for years in that application..

I think we're just looking at it from different sides of the table..
I copied and pasted that from a website, but your 200 percent rite about it being enviro friendly, and your even more right about prices going up across the board, Feed, livestock and anything that pertains to livestock, meat, milk,eggs, everything goes up in price because of ethanol fuels, Please dont take me as a e85 advocate, Im not and to be honest, i could live without it, but since the governtment is forcing it down our throats, might as well make the best of it, thats all.....chad.

Old 01-17-2010, 10:01 PM
HGM
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by gsxrboy96
I copied and pasted that from a website, but your 200 percent rite about it being enviro friendly, and your even more right about prices going up across the board, Feed, livestock and anything that pertains to livestock, meat, milk,eggs, everything goes up in price because of ethanol fuels, Please dont take me as a e85 advocate, Im not and to be honest, i could live without it, but since the governtment is forcing it down our throats, might as well make the best of it, thats all.....chad.

Gotcha... Thought that was a bit of an odd possition, a "green" Harley guy.... More power to you if you can make it work in your favor though..

Old 01-17-2010, 10:05 PM
gsxrboy96
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HGM
Gotcha... Thought that was a bit of an odd possition, a "green" Harley guy.... More power to you if you can make it work in your favor though..

if you ever catch me using the word "green", come kick my ***...lol