EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Idle

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 08:15 AM
mballinger
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I take it ECM and fuel pump fuse are the only 2 fuses that under that cover? The only reason I ask is that there are only 2 fuses but the lables seem to be on the other side of the panel from where the fuses are. Do I have to have the run on as well when I do the on/off seq?

Old 05-26-2011, 10:59 AM
ajayrk
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes the run switch on. The IAC has to learn the new stetting, fully extended then fully retracted and then a few steps out for the start position.

There should be a 15 amp (fuel pump) and a 5 amp(ECM) fuse.

Old 05-26-2011, 11:42 AM
mballinger
6th Gear

Originally Posted by ajayrk
Yes the run switch on. The IAC has to learn the new stetting, fully extended then fully retracted and then a few steps out for the start position.

There should be a 15 amp (fuel pump) and a 5 amp(ECM) fuse.

Ajayrk, sorry if I messed something before, what am I going to fully extended and fully retracted and then a few steps out for the start postion? Do you mean the throttle? Does the engine need to be running when I do this or before and does the switch need to be on?

Old 05-26-2011, 01:50 PM
ajayrk
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The idle air control motor. With out starting the engine and the run switch on switch on the ignition. The idle air control motor is a stepper motor and will step out enough revolutions to crack the throttle plate open for starting. As the engine warms up it will step in reverse to close the throttle plate. When the engine is shut down the stepper motor will step enough to reach zero steps and then step out enough for the next starting sequence. Watch the stepper motor when you turn the ignition on and off.

The stepper motor sits on top of the throttle body. You may have to remove the air cleaner box to see it operate if you can't see it from the throttle cable side.

Old 06-01-2011, 01:07 PM
mballinger
6th Gear

Thank you to everyone who posted for me. I tired some of the ideas that were given, but the sitaution only got worst. To make a long story short, I engine light kept coming on, the front head started leaking oil from the top somewhere in the middle of the head and saturated the whole engine, the idle started going up and down again that started the whole mess and it sounds like there is an intake air leak. Everything that is going on with it I decded to take it to a dealer and let them figure it out.

I have to say this, the old girl got me home all the way from Orlando Fl to Cental Ohio. Total miles for Trip: 2650 for everything else there is Master Card!