Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

SE Rocker Arms 1.725:1

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 11:00 AM
Stoood
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default -Any chance we could ask the guy that set up your heads about my build?

Originally Posted by PitDog
i'm using the se non rollers on my 124 with s&s 640's, in use for over 4000miles at the moment. had the heads setup for them last winter. i know the heads were setup for .700 lift and some extra exhaust port work also. before this i always ran rollers on any perf. build, car or bike. the se pro's were recommended by the guy setting up my heads, and have to say no issues and quiet. last year i was running rollers 1.725 on the inktakes and the 1.65 rollers on the exhaust and it was noisy, not that i minded. ordered some se hurricane heads and will pull these this winter, and see how everything looks, then make a decision on what to use. i highly doubt that there will be any issues with them, the bike runs like a watch, is smooth, quiet, and best of all, it rips!
Hey Pitdog, sounds like your builder knows his Rockers and head set-ups very well, and could tell me if I will have issues with my build. -Before I give up and remove my 1.7's, is there a number or email address I could contact him at? I'd be VERY grateful for some good, solid info/advice on these rockers. It's a shame to can them if they cam make power and NOT tear up my valve-train. Otherwise, next stop is Woods and a set of his cams & lifters.
-Thanks . . .

Old 10-18-2010, 11:13 AM
DeweysHeads
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Stoood
Hey Pitdog, sounds like your builder knows his Rockers and head set-ups very well, and could tell me if I will have issues with my build. -Before I give up and remove my 1.7's, is there a number or email address I could contact him at? I'd be VERY grateful for some good, solid info/advice on these rockers. It's a shame to can them if they cam make power and NOT tear up my valve-train. Otherwise, next stop is Woods and a set of his cams & lifters.
-Thanks . . .
You will be making a mistake without rollers. Check the stem tops after some miles and you will see why. For a second opinion ask Bobby Wood. I have fixed many S&S 124 heads with troughed out valves.

Old 10-18-2010, 04:42 PM
Old Gunny
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Stood it is not really complicated.

Not counting the money, damn stuff costs, there are some very basic things that-- you know-- are the right thing to do.

Like stacking blocks, one on top of the other.

These guys here have covered all you need to know, really not majic.

Old 10-18-2010, 11:31 PM
C-Cat
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stoood
-Thanks . . .
sent you a pm with contact #. the guy knows his stuff, has a long history of making big power with harley's, held national drag records, and has multiple 10second street harley's out there. i've got a great head porter, engine builder right in my backyard (fairbanks motors) and he say's this other head guy is the best in the country! mr. fairbanks may be somewhat biased, although probally not far from the truth. drew fairbanks, built and tuned my engine, i had his good friend (paul matyka) set my heads up, and s&s crank to his specs.

Last edited by C-Cat; 10-18-2010 at 11:51 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 03:47 PM
thatjusthappened
6th Gear

Originally Posted by troop
Well, I just got a very nice set of used SE 1.725's last week for $85. Gonna throw them into the mix with the 96"/204/.030 with heads set up to match. We'll see ....

i have a 103 with 204's. interested in your results

Old 05-04-2016, 09:01 AM
mi_sancha2015rgs
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by thatjusthappened
i have a 103 with 204's. interested in your results

just wanted to know what became of these mods. Did the harley upgraded arms in combo with se204 on a 103 make a beneficial gain?

Old 12-14-2017, 09:30 PM
leafman60
Road Captain
Received 80 Likes on 50 Posts

????????????