Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Need to rent: Inner Cam Bearing Puller

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 03:27 PM
notrailers
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need to rent: Inner Cam Bearing Puller

Do you have the tools to pull and install the inner cam bearings on 96" motor? I'd to borrow, rent or steal one.

Thanks !

Old 03-23-2011, 03:52 PM
Wild Grover
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AutoZone and such for pretty much free.....

Old 03-23-2011, 04:58 PM
Mike T
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Wild Grover
AutoZone and such for pretty much free.....
+1 ask for a blind hole bearing puller. Give them a deposit, use it, take it back. You can't beat that deal.

Old 03-23-2011, 11:55 PM
BadBagger08
Tourer

Auto Zone. Don't do it. Go buy a Gorges Garage puller then resell it. I'm giving you forewarning that the Blind hole unit that you can rent from auto zone you can damage the old bearings when pulling and needles can then fall out inside your case.

I'm telling you this cause I recently had this happen to me. I was able retrieve 2 lost needle bearings that fell inside my crank case because I have my top end off and some cleaver ingenuity, by blowing air down the side of the crank while holding a pocket magnet at the bottom of the case allowed me to retrieve the lost needles.

Don't do it. spend the extra couple of bucks. My puller from GG was 110.0 shipped I then resold it for 85.00 well worth the 25.00 for the tool rental.

I was going to do a thread on this subject just haven't brought myself to it yet, and was concerned about the negative criticism I may get. I will post pics of my bearings tomorrow.

Jim

Old 03-24-2011, 06:19 AM
Mike T
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by BadBagger08
Auto Zone. Don't do it. Go buy a Gorges Garage puller then resell it. I'm giving you forewarning that the Blind hole unit that you can rent from auto zone you can damage the old bearings when pulling and needles can then fall out inside your case.

I'm telling you this cause I recently had this happen to me. I was able retrieve 2 lost needle bearings that fell inside my crank case because I have my top end off and some cleaver ingenuity, by blowing air down the side of the crank while holding a pocket magnet at the bottom of the case allowed me to retrieve the lost needles.

Don't do it. spend the extra couple of bucks. My puller from GG was 110.0 shipped I then resold it for 85.00 well worth the 25.00 for the tool rental.

I was going to do a thread on this subject just haven't brought myself to it yet, and was concerned about the negative criticism I may get. I will post pics of my bearings tomorrow.

Jim
That's an easy fix. Put some grease in that old bearing before you pull it. Let's see the needles fall out now.