Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the Harley Davidson Forum software here.

Advertisements

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 11:58 AM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

I have Ad Blocker Plus on my iPad and I NEVER see any pop up ads.

The following users liked this post:
JHP (08-03-2016)
Old 08-03-2016, 12:02 PM
not_so_newb
Elite HDF Member
Received 822 Likes on 478 Posts

thanks guys , Adblock and disabling Flash have made this site much faster on my 10 year old Mac !

JHP (08-03-2016)
Old 08-03-2016, 12:07 PM
sailmotion
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7,838 Likes on 3,236 Posts

Originally Posted by JHP
I've been availing myself of the benefits of this forum for about a year now, and I've enjoyed it and benefited from advise, and interaction with other Harley riders/owners. Even got some good deals on various mods from time to time. However, lately the plethora of 'ads' (not necessarily pop-ups), and those stupid little video clips that run on top of every thread are making the browsing experience on this forum unbearable. Response times are in the toilet, scrolling is a halting/jumpy pain in the ***. Unpredictable anomalies prevail just trying to do simple tasks (changing pages, searches, etc.) I've been 'doing' computers for over 35 years and I know what the experience should look like. I'm running a two year old desktop with Win 7, an Intel Quad-Core i7-2600 - 3.8GHz chip, and 32GB of DDR3 Memory. A hot graphics card, plenty of cache and about 50mbps DSL service, so I don't need any bashing by some 'moderator' about my equipment.
I know these forums have to generate revenue in order to survive, but someone needs to recognize when enough is enough.
I'll get off my soap box now and hope someone with some juice reads this, thanks for listening......
You think that's annoying? Because my phone system is a VoIP, if I'm on the Forum and a phone call comes in, it's like having a conversation with a stutterer as the Forum essentially takes over the majority of the bandwidth. And how often do you try to click on the "first unread" tab and hit something else because you're trying to hit a moving target as the ads fill in?

JHP (08-03-2016)
Old 08-03-2016, 12:59 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,269 Likes on 1,975 Posts

Originally Posted by boro
Adblocker will help. But, the thing that has helped me the most, is turning off ADOBE FLASH. It makes a huge difference. Go to add ons, find SHOCKWAVE FLASH and choose "ask to activate." This is in Firefox, BTW.
Originally Posted by not_so_newb
thanks guys , Adblock and disabling Flash have made this site much faster on my 10 year old Mac !
I have been on this forum for over 11 years and have survived without the problems of adds and popups because I found these two ways of taking care of my issues. Add blockers and getting rid of Shockwave have helped me also. Some times the answers to some of our problems are right there in front of us. By the way, I have an old computer also.

JHP (08-03-2016)
Old 12-07-2016, 10:25 PM
roussfam
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,739 Likes on 3,507 Posts
Default Pop Ups

All of a sudden, I'm getting pop up ads on my cell phone when I go on the forum??? I was on a couple of hours ago and it was fine?? I get them at the top and on the bottom of my screen.

Old 12-08-2016, 10:15 AM
From_Behind
Club Member

Received 893 Likes on 513 Posts

Yep, I'm getting them on the Garage Talk app.

Old 01-31-2017, 08:10 AM
SWThomas
Stellar HDF Member
Received 995 Likes on 591 Posts
Default Pop ups

Am I the only one getting these stupid pop ups when using the mobile website? I have to close my browser every time it pops up. **** is getting aggravating.

Old 01-31-2017, 08:12 AM
dixonk
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,508 Likes on 3,579 Posts

Originally Posted by SWThomas
Am I the only one getting these stupid pop ups when using the mobile website? I have to close my browser every time it pops up. **** is getting aggravating.
Download the garage talk app and the ads are gone.

Old 01-31-2017, 08:15 AM
RAWHIDE07
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 37,195 Likes on 12,878 Posts

Probably not the best section to post this in but I don't like the mobile version and always use the full site view on my tablet.

Old 01-31-2017, 01:23 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,269 Likes on 1,975 Posts

Just a thought but if you take the time to look at threads below this one, you'll find that others have experienced the same issues that you are experiencing and what they've done to possibly correct the problem. So no, you've not alone.

Quick Reply: Advertisements