Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the Harley Davidson Forum software here.

Anybody else or just me?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 01:29 PM
Redoilokie
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 14,709 Likes on 5,857 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy-Stranger
I get the same result using chrome for that link.
I've only seen that same red screen couple of times.

On the other hand...
I get this on my Android ALL THE TIME and it drives my crazy. (talking HD Forums specific)
Yeah, I get that **** all the time, especially when going from gmail>the forums. I've done everything I can think of, up to and including a factory reset. Religiously clearing your browser cache/history helps, but it isn't a silver bullet.

Old 01-09-2018, 08:43 AM
Veekness
Elite HDF Member
Received 638 Likes on 494 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy-Stranger
I get the same result using chrome for that link.
I've only seen that same red screen couple of times.

On the other hand...
I get this on my Android ALL THE TIME and it drives my crazy. (talking HD Forums specific)

Yes, I've been getting this for some time, now. Lots of reports on this. The forum management's answer is 'get an ad blocker'. Some folks have pushed back on this, saying, in essence 'if you know it's a problem and it's coming from this site, why don't you take some action, since it's a customer service issue?'

For me, if management wants to take that position, it's fine. They own the site, I don't, and it's just not essential that I participate here. On the other hand, I've read quite a number of threads and posts here where people complain about poor customer service in reference to brick and mortar and internet businesses they've patronized.

For me, I'll put up with it until I get tired of it, then I'll move on. I find that this forum, and the various sub-forums, are very entertaining, lots of good information, and things work fine on my desk top. It's just happening on my mobile phone.

I would hope that eventually, the forum's management would take some action, but if they don't, that's completely within their purview.

The following users liked this post:
Mchad (01-13-2018)