Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the Harley Davidson Forum software here.

How to insert post into your reply

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2018, 08:57 AM
rharbick
Advanced
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default How to insert post into your reply

Ok, admitted - I tried to find the answer but it’s a bit of information overload digging through all the “How Too’s” and “This Should Help”. (Maybe if I just skip to the “Try a piece of C4” section.) Anyway, I have been trying to figure out how to post reply’s to specific posts. I want the post I’m replying too to be quoted in my reply but can’t figure out how to do it. I always end up just being another generic reply at the end of a long string of replies.

Old 06-29-2018, 09:03 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 47,790 Likes on 18,560 Posts

Originally Posted by rharbick

Ok, admitted - I tried to find the answer but it’s a bit of information overload digging through all the “How Too’s” and “This Should Help”. (Maybe if I just skip to the “Try a piece of C4” section.) Anyway, I have been trying to figure out how to post reply’s to specific posts. I want the post I’m replying too to be quoted in my reply but can’t figure out how to do it. I always end up just being another generic reply at the end of a long string of replies.
There are 4 icons in the bottom right corner ... one states "edit" the next is the icon for "multi quote" the third is the quote which looks like a pencil and piece of paper ... that's the one you want to click on in the reply you're trying to quote ... after clicking on it you'll open a reply box and after typing in that box then clicking on the "quote message in reply?" in the bottom left hand corner then "post quick reply" you should be all set

Last edited by Uncle Larry; 06-29-2018 at 09:12 AM.
Old 06-29-2018, 09:06 AM
rharbick
Advanced
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks Uncle Larry.

Old 06-29-2018, 09:23 AM
rjg883c
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts

I just click on 'quote' at the bottom of the message to which I want to reply. That gives me a box in which to enter my reply. At the top of the box is the quote to which my reply is intended.

I can also edit the quote, useful in the case of long quotes, to direct attention at the portion to which I am addressing my comment.

Then click on the 'submit reply' button below.

Old 06-30-2018, 08:40 AM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,235 Likes on 1,811 Posts

Thanks Uncle Larry.
Why didn't your "Thanks" Reply To Uncle Larry include the "Quote" from Uncle Larry ??? ... Practice my friend