General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good Motorcycle Boots

Old 02-22-2016, 01:44 PM
pccoder
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Good Motorcycle Boots

I'm trying to find some good, water resistant boots. I was at JPCycles in Daytona this past Saturday while they were doing my 1,000 service at the dealer.

I tried on several different Milwaukee motorcycle boots for men. They look great, and were very comfortable with the exception of the toe. Before anyone says anything, it's not a size issue. I tried larger sizes up to the point where my foot could move around in the shoe.

These are steel-toed, and my big toe pushes against the front. It's not remotely comfortable up there. Does everyone have this level of discomfort wearing steel-toed boots, or these Milwaukee boots in general?

Anyway, I need something as my old boots (HD brand) are finally starting to fall apart.

Old 02-22-2016, 02:20 PM
SquishyLowRider
Road Master
Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

I tried on several pair of HD branded boots and liked them, but I didn't want to pay what MoCo wanted. Since Wolverine makes the HD boots, I went looking for those. I found quite a selection of waterproof steel toed at several local retailers that were much cheaper than the HD rebranded Wolverines. I paid under $100 for boots that would have been about twice the price with an HD logo.

They seem to be holding up great so far as well. I wear them all day in the office on my commute days and in many ways they are more comfortable than my sneakers that I usually wear. As for protection, they have proved very durable from from peg grinding/boot grinding situations over the past few months.

As for being waterproof, I ride in all weather and so far I haven't had wet feet yet. I did have one incident when I accidentally kicked over a washing bucket, but nothing would have been waterproof in that situation.

Last edited by SquishyLowRider; 02-22-2016 at 02:22 PM.
Old 02-22-2016, 02:23 PM
Roadblock_MN
Road Master
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

I do not wear steel toed boots...I typically wear 5.11 boots with the zippers....Been wearing them or something very similar for at least the last 10 years....

I do not need steel toe for work so I don't opt for that...

Old 02-22-2016, 02:30 PM
JohnMn
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 211 Posts

If the steel toe is bothering you,, it is a size issue.(period)
Go someplace and get fitted, feet change your entire life, what fit you 5yrs ago is no longer valid and your current shoes that fit 5yrs ago are wore out.
Move away from what you think you know about your shoe size and go get fitted by someone that does it for a living.
Try some RedWings or Carolina's.
And Roadblock is right, there is nothing carved in stone that say's a riding boot has to be steel toe.
I do need steel toes for work, but my riding boots are not steel toe.

Last edited by JohnMn; 02-22-2016 at 02:32 PM.
Old 02-22-2016, 04:02 PM
upflying
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,036 Likes on 11,056 Posts

Nothing better than Chippewa boots. Made in 'merica.
http://www.chippewaboots.com/

Old 02-22-2016, 04:24 PM
Mike Lawless
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 324 Posts

I'm just gonna say good work boots do not make good riding boots. Oh, they're great until you crash.

Been there, done that and now have a damaged ankle to show for it.

Old 02-22-2016, 04:33 PM
Iron lHorse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,346 Likes on 1,154 Posts

Try going to www.sheplers.com when you get a chance. They have all brands even Harley boots. Check out the Clearance section ! The Ariat Rig Tek 8" lace Waterproof boots were 100 bucks now they are only $ 46.38 . There worth the money.
Yes I did buy two pair and like them.

Last edited by Iron lHorse; 02-22-2016 at 04:53 PM.
Old 02-22-2016, 04:38 PM
vizcarmb
Stellar HDF Member
Received 520 Likes on 361 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Lawless
I'm just gonna say good work boots do not make good riding boots. Oh, they're great until you crash.

Been there, done that and now have a damaged ankle to show for it.

Leave em alone, they're from Florida, they know no better anyways. Ever notice all the crazy news happens over there?

Old 02-22-2016, 04:48 PM
Bopple Hill Rd
Road Warrior
Received 386 Likes on 256 Posts

I wear jump boots from a military surplus store. I think the brand is Corcoran. Most comfortable boots I've ever worn. They have side zipper and the leather is sturdy. Not steel toe but the toe box is reinforced. They ran me about 100 bucks which I feel is very reasonable for their quality.

Old 02-22-2016, 04:55 PM
Mike Lawless
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 324 Posts

Originally Posted by vizcarmb
Leave em alone, they're from Florida, they know no better anyways. Ever notice all the crazy news happens over there?
Yep. You're right. What the hell was I thinkin'?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Good Motorcycle Boots