General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which motorcycle trailer?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 01:16 PM
-SD-
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which motorcycle trailer?

Buying my first trailer and keep hearing different things about each type/brand so wanted to run it by yall. I know of Kendon, Baxley, Aluma and I would like a stand up single bike trailer that is good for long distances and relatively easy to load and unload. If not a stand up then something that saves space in some form in the garage.
I have a 2014 FLSTF Thanks guys

Old 06-15-2016, 01:44 PM
warprints
Road Warrior
Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

I had an older model Kendon two bike trailer that traveled really well (usually only had one bike on it).

Old 06-15-2016, 06:19 PM
sunderhill
Road Master

Received 203 Likes on 90 Posts

Mine is a lot like the Kendon, but made by Myco. I am not sure if they still produce this trailer but is a fold up with a wide ramp and pulls great. It has torsion axles and there are a few for sale.

Old 06-15-2016, 10:37 PM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,811 Likes on 1,064 Posts

www.razortrailers.com These are the easiest to load and unload a bike on. Especially if there's only you around to do it. I've got one and it's absolutely easier to do than it looks. Rock steady and will be built to your specifications.

Old 06-16-2016, 06:27 AM
Bluraven
Grand HDF Member
Received 752 Likes on 460 Posts

I first got an open trailer that was lightweight and easy to pull.
Then I drove through a hail storm and watched in my rear view mirror my bike getting pounded.

My Wife turned to me and said "we should have bought an enclosed trailer".
The next trip out the bike was in an enclosed trailer.

The ability to stick it in the corner of the garage for storage is a good reason to get a lightweight fold-able trailer, but not a enough good reason for me.

I spend $300 a year for a 12X15 outdoor storage spot that I park two trailers at.
In the winter I store my lawn mower and summer equipment in the enclosed trailer and in the summer I store my snowblower and winter equipment in the enclosed trailer.

Whenever I need the trailer I just unload it and put the bike in.
Also whenever I get where I'm going the enclosed trailer makes for a great garage.

Last edited by Bluraven; 06-16-2016 at 05:18 PM.
Old 06-16-2016, 02:09 PM
sharpshooter
Road Warrior
Received 148 Likes on 63 Posts

I have a phoenix trailer. It folds up and slides up against the wall nicely. Bought from a fellow member on here and I dont have a bad word to say about it. Does everything we need. Low to the ground, Loading by yourself is easily done.

Old 06-16-2016, 02:29 PM
riknbeth
Road Master
Received 189 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by -SD-
Buying my first trailer and keep hearing different things about each type/brand so wanted to run it by yall. I know of Kendon, Baxley, Aluma and I would like a stand up single bike trailer that is good for long distances and relatively easy to load and unload. If not a stand up then something that saves space in some form in the garage.
I have a 2014 FLSTF Thanks guys
I just went through this same decision. I needed to get two bikes back and forth to the cabin. Was looking at a stand-up trailer (an open trailer). Then I thought what hell am I doing? I have $50K worth of motorcycles, why would I use an open trailer? I ended up buying a 7x12 Titan Stealth, installed wheel chocks from Harbor Freight and Salvage. Great setup and the bikes are safe from road grime and I can lock them up. Yes, a little more expensive but to me worth it. Good Luck, ride safe.

Old 06-16-2016, 02:40 PM
giacomo56
Road Warrior
Received 184 Likes on 145 Posts

I have a Kendon, but would love to try a Razor type, most of the time i am by myself. Although an enclosed trailer would be good I never had an issue with my open one. Not even a nik or pebble hit.....

Old 06-16-2016, 03:06 PM
PWMORRIS
Road Captain
Received 119 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by riknbeth
I just went through this same decision. I needed to get two bikes back and forth to the cabin. Was looking at a stand-up trailer (an open trailer). Then I thought what hell am I doing? I have $50K worth of motorcycles, why would I use an open trailer? I ended up buying a 7x12 Titan Stealth, installed wheel chocks from Harbor Freight and Salvage. Great setup and the bikes are safe from road grime and I can lock them up. Yes, a little more expensive but to me worth it. Good Luck, ride safe.
Yup-smart decision...
Go through one dust storm, rain storm or watch gravel from big rigs and rocks fly from your own vehicle toward your bike. Not fun....I had a Kendon but got rid of it.

Which enclosed?
Depends on budget, how often you use it and where you are going with it.
I like aluminum trailers like ATC, good radial trailer tires, (duals are better and give better balance and insurance in case of a blowout) and remember, the more you spend now, the better.
I went from a cheap Carson 6x12', fixed it up myself on my limited budget at the time then when I outgrew it, went with a 24' with enclosed garage area, sleeping quarters, kitchen and bathroom.

Old 06-16-2016, 05:04 PM
LDB187
Road Captain
Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

8x16 enclosed. you can get possibly 4 bikes in there along with camping gear and can use it to sleep in and lots of other uses. Man cave on wheels.

Quick Reply: Which motorcycle trailer?