General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Side car or tri glide ????

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 07:59 AM
rockie
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Side car or tri glide ????

Hi all not logged in for a while but need some advice.my wife is to afraid on two wheels as passenger so I am thinking of either putting a side car on my ultra classic cvo or getting a tri glide.are side cars fun or just scary.last thing I want to do is give her a fright or that will b that.anyone out there that has ridden one or both.Thanks.🏍🏍🏍😳

Old 07-28-2016, 08:08 AM
ISP-FLHTK
Road Captain
Received 114 Likes on 84 Posts

No experience with side cars. My wife loved riding on my last two Ultras but has always talked about me getting a TG. I finally made the switch about a month ago even though I wasn't sure I would like it. Just turned over 1300 miles in four weeks and haven't taken any trips yet! Now I wish I would have gone with a TG instead of my last Ultra.

Old 07-28-2016, 08:24 AM
rockie
Advanced

How does yr wife like the tri glide.can u keep up with other bikers.whats it like on corners and hitting pot holes which I presume is in avoidable.what are advantages and disadvantages.hope u don't mind all the? but I can get a demonstrated to try out b4 I buy.

Old 07-28-2016, 08:25 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts

I love my side car. One thing about them is that they are really tricky to operate. That side car hanging out there makes for some fun and occasional scary changes to the handling. Trikes are much more predictable. That being said, I will definitely have a sidecar Harley when the day comes instead of a trike.

Old 07-28-2016, 08:25 AM
Next In Line
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 160 Likes on 126 Posts

If your wife doesn't feel safe on a motorcycle, a sidecar or trike will not fix it.

It comes down to people feel safer in an automobile and nothing will ever change it.

Old 07-28-2016, 08:26 AM
rockie
Advanced

Why did u not get yr ultra triked.was it better value to buy tri glide?

When I bought the ultra we went on a test ride and she loved it.she hasn't got on it since.that was in 2012😡.if I cld only trade her in for a biker chick.very hard part with her after 30 years do.besides I love my house and bike shed😬😍

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 07-28-2016 at 08:58 AM.
Old 07-28-2016, 08:41 AM
hardheaded
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,482 Likes on 1,541 Posts

might be cheaper to trade her in than a new trike. the price keeps going up on those things. my wife enjoys the tri-glide and the handling in good once you get use to it. potholes are hard to miss sometimes and you have to keep your eyes open for them.

Old 07-28-2016, 08:51 AM
1plumr1
Road Warrior
Received 410 Likes on 219 Posts

Personally, when the time comes I will go sidecar. Currently on a Ultra, wife on '15 trike (first was '09). When she got her 3 wheel license, I took the course with her and rode with a sidecar for three days. They are a kick in the ***. As we travel with a large service dog who currently rides in a custom trailer behind the trike, a custom side car makes sense to me. The wife is 8 years older so statistically its a toss up who will have physical limitations first, so we will see what happens. Did I mention sidecars are a lot of fun.

Old 07-28-2016, 09:00 AM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

I've never ridden on either but if she always or almost always rides with you, I'd go with a trike. If she rides sometimes, I might go with a side car, so I could take it off and still have a two wheel ride.

Old 07-28-2016, 09:12 AM
rockie
Advanced

Can the side car b taken off quickly or is it a pain in the A-----ah to do so.

Quick Reply: Side car or tri glide ????