General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This Got My Attention!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 06:09 PM
Cbyway
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 786 Likes on 467 Posts
Default This Got My Attention!

Was at the dealership today waiting to finally get the HD security system installed on my bike. I never thought I could lust over another bike so quickly being so attached the one I already have. I feel guilty like I cheated on my wife or something. But it happened, I walked into the showroom and there she was just sitting there. Pics don't do her justice. I now believe Harley Dealerships are more dangerous than topless bars or going to Vegas for the weekend with the boys.

Attached Thumbnails This Got My Attention!-photo928.jpg   This Got My Attention!-photo285.jpg  
Old 03-17-2018, 06:11 PM
davidwruth
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 153 Likes on 100 Posts

Did you get away or get hooked in?

Old 03-17-2018, 06:16 PM
Cbyway
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by davidwruth
Did you get away or get hooked in?
No sir, I decided I would remain faithful to the other one in my life. They had a St Patrick's Day party there today and there was free beer and food. Had I been drinking I might have pulled the trigger. They tried to get me to test ride it which would have been like a private dance in the champagne room. I was steady as an oak. But thought about it.

Old 03-17-2018, 06:16 PM
DaddyKnuck
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,658 Likes on 943 Posts

There are guys that keep the same bike for decades, and some guys that are always looking for something new. The big difference between bikes and wives are that your bike will not get upset if you look at another bike, even take it for a quick ride. Also, it will never complain if you bring a new bike home and have it move in.

I saw some of the anniversary paint jobs in Daytona, and pictures don't do them justice.

Old 03-17-2018, 06:18 PM
jbfb
Road Captain
Received 115 Likes on 85 Posts

A friend of mine just bought the Street Glide version of that bike. Same color, graphic on the right side of the fairing. It is a beautiful bike.

Old 03-17-2018, 06:20 PM
Cbyway
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by DaddyKnuck
There are guys that keep the same bike for decades, and some guys that are always looking for something new. The big difference between bikes and wives are that your bike will not get upset if you look at another bike, even take it for a quick ride. Also, it will never complain if you bring a new bike home and have it move in.

I saw some of the anniversary paint jobs in Daytona, and pictures don't do them justice.
This was the first Anniversary paint job I had seen firsthand. I've seen pics and didn't really seem impressed. Firsthand....OMG! Incredible. They sold a lot of bikes there today, I lost track the ninth time the bell rang. I was there about 3 hours.

Old 03-17-2018, 06:23 PM
Cygnusx51
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,647 Likes on 1,076 Posts

I like the color and the graphic. Much better than some stick on badge.

Old 03-17-2018, 06:31 PM
big papa AZ
Stellar HDF Member
Received 328 Likes on 215 Posts

Looked at that bike our shop this morning. Very cool...

Old 03-17-2018, 06:49 PM
StoneTrekker
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,849 Likes on 900 Posts

I see a lot of paint which looks really nice at first. The problem for me is liking it in 3 years. The anniversary paint with tattoo graphic is neat but I’d likely be fatigued with it in a couple years. But to be honest, I’m very into more sedate colors in everything, and my eyes get really tired of wild colors and designs. I do like that tattoo look, but trading it would almost certain after a few years.

Old 03-17-2018, 07:12 PM
Pothole914
Grand HDF Member

Received 3,682 Likes on 1,469 Posts

I've had two "anniversary" painted bikes. Like DillBilly Bone said, got tire of it after a while but, can't paint it, that dings the value.

This time, I just got the twisted cherry. If I get tired of it after a while, I can pain it something else.

Quick Reply: This Got My Attention!