General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Last Ride !

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 05:43 AM
Bubba Zanetti
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,193 Likes on 5,618 Posts

A couple years ago my wife and I packed enough clothes for a week and we hit the road to see all of the New England states. No plans, no hotel reservations, no agenda. We stopped when we wanted to stop, we slept when we wanted to sleep and we ate when we wanted to eat. Usually we would wake up and Google what was close by and then go. We saw some awesome stuff, hiked some of the most beautiful trails I have ever seen and stayed in some really cool places. It was absolutely the best trip we ever did. No rush to be somewhere or do anything in particular. At one point we got caught up in what we were doing and the time got so late that it would have been a waste of money to stay in a hotel for the night, so we ended up sleeping in our car in a McDonald's parking lot for a few hours then hitting the road again.
If you've never done something like this I suggest you give it a try. It's great being able to just come and go as you please with no time constraints or "must do" agendas. I will definitely do it again.

The following 2 users liked this post by Bubba Zanetti:
BuzzCap7 (04-24-2018), rcpbob (04-24-2018)
Old 04-24-2018, 08:10 AM
rcpbob
Tourer
Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

I know BuzzCap, there's a great bunch of guys in this forum. Your right, shouldn't give it all up at once. Just recent health issues sure get me down ! Your local riding group sounds great, lots of riding daily, truly a blessing. Thanks for every ones concern, shouldn't have title last ride. I'll get this worked out. And I do want to get a ride or two in with ya all ! Ride On ! Bob

Originally Posted by BuzzCap7
You are going to get a lot of GOOD suggestions.

I am not prying. But I am of similar age (close enough) and got tired of riding around the USA/Canada. So now besides riding locally daily, I have my own riding club and ride with others.

Do you really have to give it up 100%? I'd hate to hear that pal.

BuzzCap7
That ride sounds like it was a once in a lifetime adventure !

Originally Posted by Bubba Zanetti
A couple years ago my wife and I packed enough clothes for a week and we hit the road to see all of the New England states. No plans, no hotel reservations, no agenda. We stopped when we wanted to stop, we slept when we wanted to sleep and we ate when we wanted to eat. Usually we would wake up and Google what was close by and then go. We saw some awesome stuff, hiked some of the most beautiful trails I have ever seen and stayed in some really cool places. It was absolutely the best trip we ever did. No rush to be somewhere or do anything in particular. At one point we got caught up in what we were doing and the time got so late that it would have been a waste of money to stay in a hotel for the night, so we ended up sleeping in our car in a McDonald's parking lot for a few hours then hitting the road again.
If you've never done something like this I suggest you give it a try. It's great being able to just come and go as you please with no time constraints or "must do" agendas. I will definitely do it again.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 04-24-2018 at 09:52 AM.
Old 04-24-2018, 01:47 PM
BuzzCap7
Received 18,341 Likes on 10,703 Posts

Originally Posted by rcpbob
I know BuzzCap, there's a great bunch of guys in this forum. Your right, shouldn't give it all up at once. Just recent health issues sure get me down ! Your local riding group sounds great, lots of riding daily, truly a blessing. Thanks for every ones concern, shouldn't have title last ride. I'll get this worked out. And I do want to get a ride or two in with ya all ! Ride On ! Bob

That ride sounds like it was a once in a lifetime adventure !
Not really my friend. Did it 6 times. So maybe it is more like 6 rides of a lifetime.

I understand what you are saying tho.

I was very surprised that I have no further interest in doing it again but that is another story.

Yes, rides to Boston and other places and back but not around the USA/Canada anymore.

BuzzCap7