General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I Hate it When.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 05:19 PM
PadreFreddie
Cruiser

Received 129 Likes on 56 Posts

*****-whipped

Also found in: Dictionary.

*****-whipped

mod. [of a male] dominated or controlled by a woman. Your trouble is that you’re *****-whipped, Casper.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.

Want to thank TFD for its existence? Tell a friend about us, add a link to this page, or visit the webmaster's page for free fun content.

Old 09-26-2018, 05:22 PM
EasternSP
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 21,899 Likes on 8,425 Posts

OP, she really just passed on by and drove home thinking it was you? Must have been a good TV show coming on that she didn't want to miss. 8-)

The following 2 users liked this post by EasternSP:
GalvTexGuy (09-27-2018), NDRK (10-01-2018)
Old 09-26-2018, 05:30 PM
bbuckis
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I’m glad the people in my life know better than to act like that. Sounds like they can’t wait to be the victim of your accident.

Old 09-26-2018, 06:08 PM
Gas Smasher
Road Captain

Received 648 Likes on 279 Posts

My used to be scared to death years ago when I was young and had just started riding. She never acted like the OP is describing, but she would tell me she wish I would wear a helmet ( which I didn't wear at the time). She would always tell me be careful.

Fast forward about 30 years and she doesn't eve mention it anymore. I can't keep my girlfriend off the bike. She sure doesn't act that way.

Old 09-26-2018, 06:35 PM
Mike Lawless
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 324 Posts

Originally Posted by Sanjuro
"I hate it when..." People use click-bait titles instead of just saying what the thread is about.
Sorry. I didn't think of it that way

Originally Posted by Mad Jasper
Or...... be thankful that you have someone in your life that loves you and wants to keep you around maybe?
I am indeed thankful. After the she had calmed down, I told her to not expect me to give up riding. She said no way would she want to do that. She enjoys riding with me. She knows I am a safe rider that doesn't take chances or do stupid stuff on the bike.

Other relatives....yeh, I get tired of hearing about it, but I just don't contribute anything to further the conversation.

Anyway, be safe out there people.

Old 09-26-2018, 07:07 PM
Bricklayer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,757 Likes on 1,438 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle G.
Well, my dad used to give me the "if you don't quit riding that goddamn motorcycle, you're going to die on it!' speech with some frequency.

Heres a line I use, might have read it here somewhere goes like this... You don't die on the motorcycle, you usually die a few feet away from it after you crash.

Old 09-26-2018, 07:10 PM
crusader1xxx
Road Master
Received 246 Likes on 193 Posts

Nope, don't hear that at all, my wife ride's her own Harley and has been riding since 1997....I worry for her but she puts more miles on her bike then I do so .....

Old 09-26-2018, 07:19 PM
otto.maddox
Cruiser
Received 88 Likes on 57 Posts

My pet peeve are coworkers who love to tell me every story they know about people who died in motorcycle accidents.

I straight up tell them to stop talking. That doesn't always work. Some tell the same story over and over.

I figure they're so anxiety ridden they can't help themselves. They're so afraid of motorcycles they can't imagine why anyone would ride one.

I avoid them as much as possible. It's really annoying.

Old 09-26-2018, 07:21 PM
piper59
Elite HDF Member
Received 1,228 Likes on 625 Posts

When i was 18,(59 now)I had a 1977 suzuki GS750 E
A guy I went to school with had a GS750L.Paint color was exactly the same but the style was a bit different. My mom went by the scene of a motorcycle crash. He was covered up and my mom freaked out thinking it was me.She was pretty frantic until she heard from me.Cant blame them for being concerned but you can't live your life being scared of everything.

Old 09-26-2018, 07:47 PM
Bonnie Storm
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,224 Likes on 706 Posts

I usually hear the same chit a couple of times a year. The last time was about 3 weeks ago. the lady I knew said she had heard of a motorcycle crash where the rider was female and had died on the scene. Then went on to say she thought it was me. So I told her "I was a zombie and I've come to eat her brain." That particular accident was better than 4 months prior. I had a cup of coffee with her, and during the course of the conversation she mentioned our being friends. Hmmm, friends? She doesn't even know where I live nor does she have my phone number. She did ask for my number while we were talking that day, but I told her I never answer the phone anyway so it would be useless.

So I've got 2 hates going here.
I hate it when people hear of a female rider getting killed and they automatically think it was me. Like I'm a maniac on 2 wheels or something.
And, I hate people who call themselves my friend when the reality is, they are barely an acquaintance and mean nothing to me.

Quick Reply: I Hate it When.....