General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Handlebars

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 08:14 AM
CyGlide
Road Captain
Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts
Default Custom Handlebars

Could anyone point me in the right direction of a company who can custom fabricate bars for a 2017 Ultra Limited? My dad needs to have custom bars made so that he can comfortably and safely ride the bike. We've tried the Wild 1 chubbies with the 2" pullback and they just don't have the right angles on them, so he is just going to bite the bullet and have some custom made. We are located in Iowa, but he is willing to travel to where ever a good shop is that could take measurements and fab the bars.

Old 11-30-2018, 08:33 AM
Jshopes
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,196 Likes on 658 Posts

Try vindikta or i think the name is br custom bars. A google search will turn up ALOT.

Old 12-01-2018, 01:34 AM
BikerPepe`
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3,846 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Did you try to contact WildOne directly and discuss the issues and see if they're willing to work on something with you? I've had excellent customer experience with them in the past and since you've already invested, they may be more willing to see if they can meet your needs. Just a thought... unless you have money to burn.

The following users liked this post:
nobodyknowsme (12-01-2018)
Old 12-01-2018, 01:47 AM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Received 14,658 Likes on 6,424 Posts

I mess with EMT at work and in the past have bent some, about enough to know just how much talent it takes to know that I needed to limit my abilities. Point is that if I wanted to create custom bars that it may be worth bending some pipe to see if I could create what I wanted. Then I could see if I could have a true set mocked up.

Old 12-01-2018, 01:51 AM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,494 Likes on 1,604 Posts

I had the Helibars installed on my '18 Tri-Glide.
Expensive but they're very adjustable and make you feel like the machine was made just for you.

FWIW, I have the W.O. 577's on my '13 CVO Ultra and they fit me very well.
I think they have a 12.5" Rise and they sit above the "break" of the fairing.
I think I may have been able to use the W.O. 578's that I believe have a 10.5" Rise but I was concerned that they may not have the amount of ride that I wanted.

The amount of labor time is a little less (or should be) with the Helibars as they do not use internal wiring but the plastic conduit on the later model H-D's looks pretty cool IMO.

Either way you go, when changing the handlebars is also a good time to add heated grips and a remote garage door opener as they already have the upper fairing pulled into the rest position.

nobodyknowsme (12-01-2018)
Old 12-01-2018, 08:37 AM
CyGlide
Road Captain

Originally Posted by 2AMGuy
I had the Helibars installed on my '18 Tri-Glide.
Expensive but they're very adjustable and make you feel like the machine was made just for you.

FWIW, I have the W.O. 577's on my '13 CVO Ultra and they fit me very well.
I think they have a 12.5" Rise and they sit above the "break" of the fairing.
I think I may have been able to use the W.O. 578's that I believe have a 10.5" Rise but I was concerned that they may not have the amount of ride that I wanted.

The amount of labor time is a little less (or should be) with the Helibars as they do not use internal wiring but the plastic conduit on the later model H-D's looks pretty cool IMO.

Either way you go, when changing the handlebars is also a good time to add heated grips and a remote garage door opener as they already have the upper fairing pulled into the rest position.
thise heli bars might be perfect. I hadn’t seen those before. Thanks for the reply!

Old 12-01-2018, 08:39 AM
CyGlide
Road Captain

Originally Posted by BikerPepe`
Did you try to contact WildOne directly and discuss the issues and see if they're willing to work on something with you? I've had excellent customer experience with them in the past and since you've already invested, they may be more willing to see if they can meet your needs. Just a thought... unless you have money to burn.
they were my first call as I have their bars on both my bikes. They don’t do any custom bends though unfortunately.

BikerPepe` (12-02-2018)
Old 12-01-2018, 10:57 AM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Received 14,658 Likes on 6,424 Posts

Wish I would have known about the Helibars a few sets of bars ago. Sure would have saved a bunch of money!!! They will be on my radar going forward and the darned things should be a huge sticky on every section of the forum.