General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crash Guards

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2019, 04:31 PM
QNman
Supporter
Received 3,706 Likes on 1,987 Posts

Originally Posted by harley6768
Lol...not butthurt....I think it's hilarious how some think it's stupid but yet worry enough about their chrome to cut radiator hoses or advise others to cut it for their bikes to practice in a limited manner.. .Ya can't ride around with that stupid contraption or at least I wouldnt....the site shows guys riding and doing things most of the guys who say it's dumb " can't" ...so I gotta consider the source...you know those who can "do" and those who can't "criticize" lmao....$200 for skills practice anytime anywhere with a repairable part like their site says, can't beat it!! ...show me a Harley part u can do that with.....sounds and looks like those guys have it going on the way they ride!! Glad I read what they had to say on that site...and thanks to the guys in Dallas for the info!!..I can swallow pride for my safety and my girls safety when we ride!! See ya on the rode, either with your radiator hoses or doing the very noticeable and laughable duckwalk!!! Lmao
You SOUND kind of butthurt....

FWIW, as I stated earlier in this thread, I don't wear radiator hoses.... or crash bar protectors, or protectors for the protectors. That's what crash bars are for. If and when they get too beat up, I'll replace them. And for not much more that the chrome bolt-ons. Not to mention these doodads, don't do a damn thing for your safety, or your passengers.... all they "protect" is your chrome crash guards from scratches.

As I said before - your money, friend. Enjoy your chrome guard guards.

The following users liked this post:
pahogrider (06-25-2019)
Old 06-24-2019, 04:38 PM
heavymetalthunder
Grand HDF Member
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts

ridelikeapro.com has some for $30.00 that don't look to bad.
200 BUCKS IS TO MUCH FOR ME.$30 bucks is doable. If you need/want them.

Pro-Guards Engine Guard Protective Covers

Old 06-24-2019, 05:38 PM
harley6768
Novice
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by QNman
You SOUND kind of butthurt....

FWIW, as I stated earlier in this thread, I don't wear radiator hoses.... or crash bar protectors, or protectors for the protectors. That's what crash bars are for. If and when they get too beat up, I'll replace them. And for not much more that the chrome bolt-ons. Not to mention these doodads, don't do a damn thing for your safety, or your passengers.... all they "protect" is your chrome crash guards from scratches.

As I said before - your money, friend. Enjoy your chrome guard guards.
LOL, Yup looking at the bike, like I said I consider the source!

Lets break your statement down!
IF and When well my good man, if you learn to ride well, guess what?
Your gonna lay the bike down, Cant learn the skills of 14 to 18 foot turns without doing it.
I'LL replace them! So you will continue to buy $220 Engine Guards and spend the time and money to take your lower ferrings off to do it.
Waste of Time and Money
They don't do anything for your safety!
Yep spoken like someone who doesn't ride well or someone that hasn't practiced or had any motor education
What do you think they do?
They allow you to learn to ride with the slow speed skills and control everyone talks about having on the internet without damaging your bike..

Im already seeing the signs. Like I said those who can "Ride" those who can't "criticize"!

When ya post some pictures or videos for me to watch on that bike of you riding like the guys on that site, YA just might get my Attention!

LMAO
p.S don't get butt hurt cause ya sound like ya are my friend, Don't hate, Appreciate and learn to ride well!!

Old 06-24-2019, 08:48 PM
OLD 96
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,231 Likes on 902 Posts

That is one of the most preposterous things I have ever seen. Like RHPAW said .You can replace the guard for less than that. I am still running the same engine guard as when I hit that deer. Well deserved battle scars. On the other hand. If I had the engine guard guards all I would have to is replace the engine guard guard for the same price as the engine guard. Makes sense.

Last edited by OLD 96; 06-24-2019 at 09:00 PM.
QNman (06-25-2019)
Old 06-24-2019, 09:09 PM
2K10FBLO
Road Master
Received 554 Likes on 335 Posts

Only one who sounds butt hurt here is the OP.

pahogrider (06-25-2019)
Old 06-24-2019, 09:12 PM
Zerk
Banned
Received 827 Likes on 655 Posts

Originally Posted by Captain Itch
We have been making leather covers for years .. https://captain-itch.com/product/cra...-covers-plain/
This explains how Elton John played the 100th.

Besides being a football bat, I'd be concerned about cause rust if there were any scratches. Which is kinda ironic.

Old 06-24-2019, 09:52 PM
sechracer
Tourer
Received 154 Likes on 85 Posts

Ahhh the memories of XRX!

QNman (06-25-2019)
Old 06-24-2019, 10:28 PM
Down South
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,126 Likes on 1,531 Posts

Not to be an Arsehole. Just my .02
I don't worry about it. I'm a fairly new rider with a couple yrs experience on touring bikes after coming back after 25 yrs of no riding. I practice tight slow speed turns and maneuvers just about every week and sometimes a couple time a week on a nice empty parking lot close to me. I have not yet dropped my bike in practice. I get embarrassed if I have to put a foot down but that's all it takes is to put a foot down at the right time. I'll replace the bars if they get scratched beyond my tolerance of battle scars.
I'm working on slow speed turns with the bars to lock in both directions and should have it nailed down soon.
It's your money so spend it the way you want to. The hose trick or the rings that clamp on work well. Can't think of the name of the rings that clamp on but they are pretty much unnoticeable and you can pull em off easy if ya want to.

Best of luck to you and ride safe......

QNman (06-25-2019)
Old 06-25-2019, 03:58 AM
Malleck
Advanced
Received 42 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by harley6768
LOL, Yup looking at the bike, like I said I consider the source!

Lets break your statement down!
IF and When well my good man, if you learn to ride well, guess what?
Your gonna lay the bike down, Cant learn the skills of 14 to 18 foot turns without doing it.
I'LL replace them! So you will continue to buy $220 Engine Guards and spend the time and money to take your lower ferrings off to do it.
Waste of Time and Money
They don't do anything for your safety!
Yep spoken like someone who doesn't ride well or someone that hasn't practiced or had any motor education
What do you think they do?
They allow you to learn to ride with the slow speed skills and control everyone talks about having on the internet without damaging your bike..

Im already seeing the signs. Like I said those who can "Ride" those who can't "criticize"!

When ya post some pictures or videos for me to watch on that bike of you riding like the guys on that site, YA just might get my Attention!

LMAO
p.S don't get butt hurt cause ya sound like ya are my friend, Don't hate, Appreciate and learn to ride well!!
You sure do talk a lot of **** about other people's riding skills when YOU are the one looking up protectors for your CRASH bars.
Do you know these people who you are judging by looking at their bikes?
Do you know how many years of experience they have?
Do you know how many times they have practiced?
Do you know how many times they have dropped a bike?
Because until you do, you should probably keep your uneducated opinion to yourself.
You come onto this forum and it feels like you are either: A.) Trying to push some crap to sell. B.) Trying to rationalize a crappy purchase and wanting some sort of validation from internet strangers. or C.) One of those type of people who must attack someone who doesn't agree with their opinion.
You are not going to make any friends, get any help, or get any respect with an attitude like you are portraying.

And since I've disagreed with you I'm sure I will be attacked. That's fine. A little internet douche baggery doesn't affect me one way or the other, so have at it.

Oh, and those crash bar things are stupid. But it's your money, and if they make you feel safe that you will not scratch your bars, well more power to you.

The following 3 users liked this post by Malleck:
2K10FBLO (06-25-2019), pahogrider (06-25-2019), QNman (06-25-2019)
Old 06-25-2019, 05:28 AM
lonesum
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 325 Likes on 217 Posts

Crash bars? We don't need no stinking crash bars.

Quick Reply: Crash Guards