General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is the Fuel Pac a good investment

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 03:19 PM
RMBLON
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is the Fuel Pac a good investment

I have a 07 SuperGlide Custom no internal mods, do have Rush 2" slip ons that I like. I have a little pinging and just wondering if the Fuel Pac would be a wise buy even if I am not going to buy Vance & Hines pipes.

Old 03-11-2008, 05:35 PM
Twolf
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is the Fuel Pac a good investment

I did a LOT of research before buying a fuel mgmt unit.

Did NOT like the Fuelpak, for a "piggyback" unit, go with the PC3 USB.

OR, for a new ECM, get the T-Max!

JMHO, ya know...

Old 03-11-2008, 05:53 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Look for a true tuner that can adjust itself.

Old 03-11-2008, 06:51 PM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I used the fuel pak on my 07 Heritage Classic. Love it. My brother-in-law also used the fuel pak and won't stay off the throttle now. My son put it on his 07 Wide Glide, changed his filter and opened his exhaust and is very impressed with the increase in power and smoothness. My brother-in-law and I have V&H Big Shot Longs and K&N filters. My son just took out the baffles on his Wide Glide. I'm still getting 40+ mpg and the bike runs cooler in traffic. Simple install if you can read directions. I would do it again in a minute.

Old 03-11-2008, 07:00 PM
rshute4
Tourer

The FUEL PACK is GREAT!

IF your not planning on making internal engine modifications (cams etc...)

I just put mine on the other night and WOW its DAMN good for what i want AND need. I'm not racing or planning on breaking any records. The throttle response is great, MPG has increased from the tank Ive run through so far... and the heat issue is better than it was (it will never go away, but its improved) and my scoot runs like a rapped ape now more than ever because of the fuel pack. the difference even in Torque is noticeable.

I'm happy with the Fuel Pack, plus their customer service is GREAT, i would call and talk to them about your bike, and see if its a match. If its something you decide purchase it online from www.gopartsdirect.com (i don't work for them, they just had GREAT service and the BEST price anywhere!) they sell it for $219.95 + $5.00 shipping insurance, and free shipping. I had mine in 3 days.

Old 03-11-2008, 07:06 PM
Deluxechuck
Tourer

I put the fule pak on my '07 Deluxe. It is a piggy back system, and not a true tuner. It all depends on how much you want to spend. If you want somthing simple and all you are going to do is put new pipes and air breather on, the fuel pak is a cheap way to do it. If you are going to do a lot of mod to your engine and want/need to be able to fine tune the ecm, then the PCIII or SERT is the way to go.
So far, I am happy with the Fuel Pak, but I will see after a year of riding.

Old 03-11-2008, 07:10 PM
EVO80
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't have one but I will say if all I wanted to do was richen up my air fuel ratio I would not hesitate to buy one. If I was considering future engine mods, wringing every inch of power out of my bike, making certain my air fuel ratio was dead on,I'd look at other products- SERT, PCIII, T-MAX. For what you seem to want to do it's a good product. JMHO

Old 03-11-2008, 07:14 PM
badwhine
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

NO fuel pack! Go with the S/E tuner. hands down it is the best.

Old 03-11-2008, 09:06 PM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

No contest between SERT and Fuel Pak. Well, maybe. The SERT was installed on my friends SE Road Glide with the 95" motor. Made a huge difference in power and ridability. I think all done with parts, labor and dyno he spent around $600 to $700. Fuel Pak was $220 and labor was a little time in the garage playing with the big toy. Not doing engine mods, cams or other so Fuel Pak was all I felt the bike needed. Left me over $400 for chrome goodies. Let the contest begin. Oh yeah, my wife found out his screaming eagle is 95" and our 07 Heritage is 96" so she had to tell him that size does matter. Now he wants a new 110".

Old 03-11-2008, 10:09 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There's not that much difference between the cost of the Fuel Pac which only adjusts A/F mix, and a good tuner...I found a DynoJet Tuning Center that sold me the PCBIII, installed it, and dyno'dthe bikefor $289...hell of a bigger bang for just a few $$ more.

Quick Reply: Is the Fuel Pac a good investment