General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Now I did it.

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 08:59 AM
TRoper
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Now I did it.

Hey All. I have been reading the forum since I got my new UC. Lots of great information. Even read where people have layed their rides down. Guess what, I my first post I have to admint I am one of those now. Backing it into a parking space this morning, I just layed it down so nicely. If I had had a blanket, I would have covered it up and told people it was just taking a nap. Had to ask one of the guys coming in to help lift it back up. To embarrassed to check if I scratched it.

Steve

Old 09-10-2008, 09:11 AM
Toolguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sounds so peaceful....Welcome from Vancouver Island in Beautiful British Columbia.

Old 09-10-2008, 09:14 AM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome on 2 counts:

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the "those that have" club....

Old 09-10-2008, 09:17 AM
JBaker421
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Hey, at least we don't have another member who says he's never dropped a bike and never will.

Welcome to the club and welcome to the forum.

Old 09-10-2008, 09:21 AM
sarg0406
Advanced

I leave for work at 5:30 in the morning, and last year I pulled my bike out of the garage one morning, fired her up to warm it up, and went to get off to close the garage door. The big problem turned out that I was still half asleep and forgot (yes, forgot) to put the stand down. I was between the bike and the ground, so there were no scratches, but let me tell you, a Lowrider is a very heavy bike to pick back up half asleep, at 5:30 when you are wedged between it and the driveway!!!

Old 09-10-2008, 09:28 AM
TwiggyAZ
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It does not count unless you were wearing azzless chaps, fingerless gloves, a do rag, an HD T-Shirt, and you were waving to a Goldwing! Then it counts

Old 09-10-2008, 09:29 AM
vega823
Road Master

Originally Posted by JBaker421
Hey, at least we don't have another member who says he's never dropped a bike and never will.

Welcome to the club and welcome to the forum.
My scoot has actually taken two nice little "naps". Makes you want to put the blanket over YOUR head.
Not that this will EVER happen to you again, but the Ride Like A Pro video has two methods of lifting the bike that are easy enough that a 120lb woman does the demo on an Electra Glide and makes it look pretty easy. They work - I got to use the technique myself.

Old 09-10-2008, 09:33 AM
Bluesssman
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TwiggyAZ
It does not count unless you were wearing azzless chaps, fingerless gloves, a do rag, an HD T-Shirt, and you were waving to a Goldwing! Then it counts

I guess I have never laid my bike down!!! There was no Goldwing to be seen!!

Old 09-10-2008, 09:52 AM
CrawdadAZ
Road Master

I've laid bikes down (not Harleys) while moving (gravel, oil, sharp turn) but have never dropped one. Although I do know how it can happen and that there is a good chance it will happen to me someday.

Welcome to the forum from Arizona!!

Old 09-10-2008, 10:35 AM
jokenroll
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool

Well, I did it once on the parking lot at my work - didn't extend the stand fully
Scratched a car with my pointy mirror, pretended I didn't notice - in case someone was watching. Apes were a great help to lift it up.

But something worse happened a couple of days ago. I'm just coming to a bar, and there is a buddy of mine, already loaded. He asks to sit on my bike, while it's still running. I let him, since he's a biker (how stupid!). So he rolls it forward a bit, the stand folds in, and then he is trying to get off the bike! So I'm trying to catch the bike, as well as the drunken bastard, since I have no choice - he is still sitting on it! I succeeded, but the **** head butted me pretty hard. Then I'm walking into the bar with a red swollen cheeck bone, so our friends are laughing at me thinking that I already managed to get into a fight just on the way inside (some of them saw me arriving perfectly ok).
It still hurts, but at least the bike is alright!

Last edited by jokenroll; 09-10-2008 at 10:38 AM.

Quick Reply: Now I did it.