General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Victory vs Harley

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 01:30 AM
Cola Harley
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Victory vs Harley

I guess I shouldn't say "vs".......just want to get everyones opinion on that "other" american made motorcycle. How do you think Victory compares to H-D? To be honest I have yet to see a Victory motorcycle on the road. I have a dealership close by though. Has anyone here owned a Victory? How reliable are they? All input/thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Old 08-13-2009, 01:33 AM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Old 08-13-2009, 01:46 AM
AZ Rider
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why don't you go over to a Victory forum and ask them? I'm sure they would know much more about their reliability and other things since they own and ride them.

Do a google search. There's a slew of reports, reviews and ride tests.

http://forums.thevmc.com/bb/forums/f...iew.asp?fid=32

Old 08-13-2009, 02:19 AM
Cola Harley
Cruiser

Originally Posted by AZ Rider
Why don't you go over to a Victory forum and ask them? I'm sure they would know much more about their reliability and other things since they own and ride them.

Do a google search. There's a slew of reports, reviews and ride tests.

http://forums.thevmc.com/bb/forums/f...iew.asp?fid=32
Might do that. Thanks! BTW, not looking to start a flame war thread about which bike is better......just wanted some honest opinions.

Old 08-13-2009, 02:27 AM
betchaan
Advanced

We believe that Harleys are better bikes, just as the Victory riders believe that their bikes are better, or they wouldn't have bought them.

Old 08-13-2009, 02:46 AM
qwispichkn
Tourer

Let's see...

HD= 100+ years of R&D

Polaris (aka Victory)= 10 yrs

I'll stick with the Harley

Old 08-13-2009, 03:39 AM
hpfatboy
Banned
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

There's no SUBSTITUTE FOR A HARLEY!!!

Old 08-13-2009, 04:17 AM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

Umm, yeah. Like I have said before, I think the Victory bikes have come pretty far, and they look like a decent ride. A few weeks ago, the demo truck was at the dealer about 10 minutes from my house. I was invited (several times) to come down and ride anything I wanted. Arlen Ness was gonna be there, blah, blah, blah. Anyway, I really intended to go down and ride at least one of them, but I wound up mowing the lawn instead.....

Old 08-13-2009, 04:27 AM
electricstart
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Victory is not a bad bike ,Just don't compare to a Harley at all in looks dept.I am also thinking H/D hold there value a lot better. But I am very pro Harley .Been for 40 years.

Old 08-13-2009, 06:02 AM
Road Toad
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Well, since you asked,,,, I just happen to own a 06 Victory Kingpin, so I know a little about them.
They are nice bikes. Fit and finish isn't as good as my Harley. They are faster, 100 cid, and lighter, so they are faster. Accessories are WAY over priced. You think Harely parts are high? Go price what Polaris wants for accesories. And not a lot of aftermarket available yet since there aren't that many around.
Not near as many dealers around, so if your on a road trip with one and you do have a problem you could be a long way from a dealer. They handle nice.
Like any bike, there are a few with problems, but over all they are a good bike. The dealers are more likely to discount on the left over bikes they have when the new ones come out. I got mine for $5,000 under MSRP.
Your choice of course as to which one you get. I like both, but for much different reasons. Like was said, go check out some Vic forums, go test ride one and make an educated choice.

Good luck and ride safe.

Quick Reply: Victory vs Harley