General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of attending Biketoberfest

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 10:50 AM
3/4 life crisis
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking of attending Biketoberfest

Hello all,

Thinking of riding down to Biketoberfest from Indiana. Never attend one on that scale before. Don't know what to expect, been to a couple of smaller local events. Here's my plan:

Since I don't drink (never started and now too damn old to start ), therefore I don't have to stay close to the beach area. I ruled out camping. Figure might be less expensive staying maybe half hour, 45 min. away. I'm also a fairly new rider, 2 1/2 years, probably not comfortable riding straight into the heart of the "action", I can always park several blocks away and walk to where I want to go. Mostly interested in checking out the vendors more than anything else.

Any suggestion where I can stay so I can plan my trip? Thank you for all your help.

Ride safe

Old 09-21-2009, 11:39 AM
cbrenthus
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,575 Likes on 663 Posts

Originally Posted by 3/4 life crisis
Hello all,

Thinking of riding down to Biketoberfest from Indiana. Never attend one on that scale before. Don't know what to expect, been to a couple of smaller local events. Here's my plan:

Since I don't drink (never started and now too damn old to start ), therefore I don't have to stay close to the beach area. I ruled out camping. Figure might be less expensive staying maybe half hour, 45 min. away. I'm also a fairly new rider, 2 1/2 years, probably not comfortable riding straight into the heart of the "action", I can always park several blocks away and walk to where I want to go. Mostly interested in checking out the vendors more than anything else.

Any suggestion where I can stay so I can plan my trip? Thank you for all your help.

Ride safe
I say look into St Augustine. It is a little ways away, maybe an hour, but it in itself is a nice destination. If you find the crowds and stuff are too much in Daytona, you will still have fun in St Augustine!

Old 09-21-2009, 12:31 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,104 Likes on 1,024 Posts

Biketoberfest is not NEARLY as crowded as Bikeweek. I was there a few years ago and stayed in the Holiday Inn right on the beach. If I ever go again, I'll do the same thing.----------- Hey, if I find something that works, I stick with it!----- Go on down, and have fun .

Old 09-21-2009, 12:38 PM
old skool1983
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you will have a blast. don't worry about "ridding into the heart of it" its slow stop and go or a low speed cruise. you should not miss the opportunity to take yr bike down main street, what an experience!

not sure where to camp out??? me and the old man stayed right outside orlando one year, it was a quick hour over to daytona, not that bad at all. if yr gonna be down this way ya might wanna plan a trip to cap canaveral, take a tour, what a cool experience that is too!

Old 09-21-2009, 01:07 PM
casper gomez
Tourer

i am going too. looking forward to it!

Old 09-21-2009, 01:20 PM
Ironhorsepilot
Road Master

St. Augustine is a great place to stay. Lots of stuff to do and the ride down is about 45 to 60 mins. on the A1A beach road. Lots of things to see on the way down that way.

Old 09-21-2009, 02:22 PM
grimreaper169
Road Captain

We have a very nice KOA here in Mims about 45 mins. south of Daytona. It useally fills up with bikers around biketober fest. And that puts you about 20 mins. from the space center witch is col to see.

Old 09-21-2009, 05:06 PM
flstf08
Tourer

Many camp sights, just go online a pick one. If you want vendors, the race track is where you will find the most. They have just about every make and free demo rides.
Yep, you can ride a boss hoss if you like.

Old 09-21-2009, 06:29 PM
gw01deuce
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

Wife and I are going, have a freebie week in a resort by Lady Lake we're going to ride over from there, stay friday nite at the holiday inn lpga on 95, the beach holiday inn is booked up... Will be our first time there too. That's assuming I'm finished with the deuce, a few pics soon...

GW

Old 09-21-2009, 06:59 PM
jkoch09ultra
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have to go to Rosemyers Harley and J&P in Ormand, just north of Daytona on I-95. Many vendors there. I stayed 3 years in Sanford on I-4 just east of Orlando. 35-40 min ride. The crowd and roads are not that bad during Biketoberfest. You will love it.

Quick Reply: Thinking of attending Biketoberfest