General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roller Bearing Throttle Kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 05:18 PM
Hockey Stick
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Roller Bearing Throttle Kit

Anyone use this item by Arlen Ness? I ordered this kit awhile back and never installed it. Seeing as you need to cut 2" off the bars to install it, I'm not sure I want to do that unless it's worth it.

I guess I can install without cutting the bar end and try it out for a while to see if I like it?? Just thought of that.

But any input of likes, dislikes, etc..... appriciated. Thanks

http://www.arlenness.com/p-777-rolle...ottle-kit.aspx

Old 09-30-2009, 06:05 PM
spike95
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bump.... I'm in the exact same boat.

Old 09-30-2009, 07:43 PM
dynhd1
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Dude , dont cut anything yet im getting ready to order that same throttle kit and from my understanding that red portion fits into the bar and the bearing rides on the outside of the bars, you only cut 1/2 " from the end of the bar , that should be the width (1/2") ,of the bearing.

Old 09-30-2009, 07:52 PM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

What is the advantage of the kit?

My throttle already feels too light. I even get a rev going over bumps at lower speeds, occasionally.
Making me hold off the cable lube for a while. LOL

Old 10-08-2009, 12:14 PM
Hockey Stick
Road Master

Originally Posted by dynhd1
you only cut 1/2 " from the end of the bar , that should be the width (1/2") ,of the bearing.

You're right. Not sure why I said 2".

Seems these things aren't widely used. Eventually I think I'll try it out without cutting the bar end, to see if I notice any differenece.

Old 10-08-2009, 12:25 PM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks like another gimmick to get you to break that last $20 bill in the wallet. Are you guys having that much trouble twisting your throttle? If so, you might want to consider the free upgrade to the throttle called exercise! I find gripping a cold glass bottle and repeatedly lifting it to my lips then returning it to the bar helps keep the throttle hand in good shape.

Old 10-08-2009, 12:57 PM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Hockey Stick
You're right. Not sure why I said 2".

Seems these things aren't widely used. Eventually I think I'll try it out without cutting the bar end, to see if I notice any differenece.
For that matter, you can shim out the other side of the bar to match and run as if it were a wider bar. You might even like it. LOL

Old 10-08-2009, 01:02 PM
bagman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

This is one of the best things I ever bought. Im on my second bike with this. On the first one after 25k miles I put it on and what a F ing difference. It is so much more relaxing and less fatiguing to ride, your not fighting the drag of the throttle against the bar.

I cut 1/2 off the fatboy but when I put it on my chubby bars on the Glide if I would have cut it, the throttle tube would have been too long because of the stepped up bars.
I have almost 75k now and couldnt be happier. I will forever put these on every bike I get. HD Are you listening to customer feedback? Make it standard on everything.
For those that think its a gimmick, get one I guarantee you will never go back. I can smoothly roll the throttle with my pinky finger.

Old 10-08-2009, 01:31 PM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Bwahahaha

BUT, then, AGAIN, if ya listen to me, NOT !!!!!!

Combine above said part, with this part, and you will NO DOUBT have, the 'smooooothest' troddle, going. Also, IF you have never had one of those friggin' plastic sleeves take a chit on you, it sux, ARGGGHHH !!

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produc...afCatId=&mmyId=

NOW, for "what" you could learn: (THINK HERE)

IF you look at pics of BOTH o' my scoots, you will note, there is ONLY ONE cable, on either one o' 'em. This harkins ba'k to da day, B4 Govt. regs required BOTH a puller for "GO", and a puller for "SLOW". (THINK - STUCK WIDE "F"in' OPEN, here. )

Ya wanna make DAMMT shur, when you "leggo" the troddle, the return spring very well INDEED, will SHUT it down. N E thing, to that end, is a GOOD thing. Sorta like PM or GMA brakes, as compared to 'original' Harley issue.

Momma went for a 'putt' on Black Betty, "How come the 'gas' is so E-Z on yours!!"
NOW she wants one, this winter. AND THAT'S ALL, I need,.............HER .........with mo' troddle !!!!!

BUT, again, ONE MO' TIME, JMFUO, as "ooze-ual".

Old 10-08-2009, 01:52 PM
Hockey Stick
Road Master

Oh yeah... Already got rid of the 'puller for "SLOW"

Attached Thumbnails Roller Bearing Throttle Kit-imag0278.jpg   Roller Bearing Throttle Kit-imag0279.jpg  

Quick Reply: Roller Bearing Throttle Kit