General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Shops Vancouver, WA, Portland, OR

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 12:00 AM
mjrod
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HD Shops Vancouver, WA, Portland, OR

I am moving to the NW, Vancouver, WA, Portland, OR area. What are some of the good HD shops I can get my work done at. I will miss the Texas riding season, but will love the scenic NW.

Miguel

Old 10-18-2009, 12:14 AM
Rattlecan Ray
Advanced

I can offer some advise on this...
I used to live in Vancouver and now reside in the greater Seattle area..
IMO, hands down the best shop in Vancouver is an indy called "Johnny's Old Skool M/C repair". Fair and honest, he will treat you right. As for actual HD Dealers, Latus in E. Portland is probably the most famous/popular.
Good Luck!
Ray
p.s.-cool avatar, my Brother was in First Group...

Old 10-18-2009, 02:24 AM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mjrod
I am moving to the NW, Vancouver, WA, Portland, OR area. What are some of the good HD shops I can get my work done at. I will miss the Texas riding season, but will love the scenic NW.

Miguel
I'm 15 minutes from Vancouver, and the only dealer in Vanc. is Columbia Harley. Small shop, and a decent staff. 10% off for HOG members, but you pay tax so it's almost a wash. I've been to them all in the Portland area, and they're nothing special.

There is a dealer south of Portland (Albany) AMC Harley, and they always have 20-25% off sales. They also run lots of service specials. Right now they are running a $199 1K,5K or 10K service special (Syn 3). I generally shop at Columbia for must have stuff, and AMC for big purchases. Portland area dealers are generally always highest.

Longview, 30 miles north of Vanc. has a Indy named Old School Choppers that does good work, and has always treated me right.

Old 10-18-2009, 03:58 AM
DZLDR
Road Warrior

Miguel
Welcome to the Pacific Northwest!
I moved up here from Wichita Falls about twenty years ago and just love it. You will find it is not near as cold, and definately not near as hot as Texas. Still year round riding if you don't mind rain gear. It will take about a year for your web feet to develop
If you travel north on I-5 to exit 111, you will find Northwest Harley in Olympia. They have an awesome service dept and the best dyno-tuner in the entire area.
Give us a holler when you get here and I'll show you some awesome scenic riding.

Old 10-18-2009, 11:00 PM
Terrific Pacific
Tourer

Originally Posted by JonnyD
I'm 15 minutes from Vancouver, and the only dealer in Vanc. is Columbia Harley. Small shop, and a decent staff. 10% off for HOG members, but you pay tax so it's almost a wash. I've been to them all in the Portland area, and they're nothing special.

There is a dealer south of Portland (Albany) AMC Harley, and they always have 20-25% off sales. They also run lots of service specials. Right now they are running a $199 1K,5K or 10K service special (Syn 3). I generally shop at Columbia for must have stuff, and AMC for big purchases. Portland area dealers are generally always highest.

Longview, 30 miles north of Vanc. has a Indy named Old School Choppers that does good work, and has always treated me right.
I bought my 09 RKC at AMC in Albany and got a killer deal. Great sales staff (I dealt with Mashonda) Parts and service have been excellent.
They are a small shop and fight for their market share...so good deals abound...
It's always nice to go to the "big" dealers to look around but I usually end up doing most of my purchases at AMC after shopping at the stores with more inventory/eye candy...
10% HOG discount
15% Veterans discount
Always some kind of deal going on...

Old 10-18-2009, 11:22 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Terrific Pacific
I bought my 09 RKC at AMC in Albany and got a killer deal. Great sales staff (I dealt with Mashonda) Parts and service have been excellent.
They are a small shop and fight for their market share...so good deals abound...
It's always nice to go to the "big" dealers to look around but I usually end up doing most of my purchases at AMC after shopping at the stores with more inventory/eye candy...
10% HOG discount
15% Veterans discount
Always some kind of deal going on...
Shhhhhh, it's a secret. Yep, they send emails to me all the time about the sales. This time of year is best, with the super savor card 25% on several occasions. I'm makin my list. Doyles is another good one, bought my bike there, but a little to far for me to drive.

Old 10-18-2009, 11:50 PM
kipd
Tourer

Welcome to the PNW, the 3 main Harley shops/dealers are Latus -East Portland/Gladstone, Paradise Harley -West Portland, or Columbia in Vancouver. All 3 have something to offer. Latus is quite large and seems to have the highest reputation for its Mechanics and Dyno Tuners. I tend to spend most of my shopping time at Latus, even though I have a sister that works at Paradise Harley, lol

Old 10-19-2009, 12:04 AM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

Welcome to the northwest. (I don't have any recommendations on shops around Portland, just wanted to say that.) There's lots of great riding up here, and pretty much year-round too, but you do have to be prepared to ride in the rain at times.

Old 10-19-2009, 05:39 PM
BurgundyUltra06
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Welcome tot he area. FWIW, I live about 10 minutes away from Latus but based on some experiences I have been taking my dealer business to Paradise. With reading these other threads, it sounds like I need to check out the Albany dealerhip too...

Miguel

Old 10-19-2009, 05:50 PM
brutalbrad
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Paradise Harley Davidson is a great dealer. Also riding gear try Love Leathers.

Welcome to the NW. You will love seeing the cascade mountains in your daily rides.

Quick Reply: HD Shops Vancouver, WA, Portland, OR