General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Courtesy - LEO ahead

Old 05-16-2010, 09:26 PM
Boxer 6
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Courtesy - LEO ahead

What ever happened to oncoming traffic giving a quick flash or bikers tapping the top of their helmets letting you know there is a leo hiding in the bushes. I had a cager (that's right cager) flash the high beams at me today to find a leo 6 miles up the road in the bushes. Meantime the half dozen or so bikers that passed me barely waved. What's up with that? When I was a kid everyone flashed, that's just what you did. I guess it's all about me these days. It's too bad.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:33 PM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

people suck these days... i had a dude bright me when i shot my regular beams on and off at him trying to warm him (in the cage), when i passed he's cursing me like crazy.

even the wave, today i was passing a group when i was by myself the first dude waves so i put my hand down, the other two wave the last guy sits on his spanking new dyna with signature harly scowl and nothing, too much of a hardass to wave, so i turn the wave into a bird, that got his attention...

i always try to warn people of cops coming and reciprocate a wave. what kind of a**hole doesn't wave back when someone waves at them?

Last edited by babalu; 05-16-2010 at 09:59 PM.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:38 PM
frogg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Alway Tap my Helmet to warn of LEO ahead.
But guess I'm an a**hole I don't wave.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:41 PM
NSCoyote
Club Member

everyone is caught up in being billy badass people forget what it really means to be a biker. helping your fellow rider out wether its a quick tap on the helmet or a few minutes on the shoulder to help with a fix. its lost with alot of todays generations, most only look out for #1 and everyone else is on their own

Old 05-16-2010, 09:42 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Still tap on top of my head but I sometimes wonder if the bikers going the other way even know what it means. Too many under educated riders or I am too old school sometimes.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:44 PM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by frogg
Alway Tap my Helmet to warn of LEO ahead.
But guess I'm an a**hole I don't wave.
only if you see someone wave at you and you purposely don't wave back... that would by societies standards make you a quote unquote "a**hole". it's akin to someone saying hello, you hearing it and not saying hello back, or someone putting out thier hand for a hand shake and you putting your hands in your pocket.

i never initiate the wave, but i'm no a**hole i'll wave back if another person waves me, it's a basic human response. in fact i think someone would have to consciously NOT wave, the normal reaction to someone waving at you is to wave back.

Last edited by babalu; 05-16-2010 at 09:47 PM.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:44 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

be carefull someone will start a wave question now

Old 05-16-2010, 09:46 PM
GMbagger
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I tap my helmet to warn about cops, but I found that most motorcyclists don't know what it means.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:48 PM
fstlane4me
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used to warn everyone about leo's hiding out.I don't anymore because I'm sick of being tailgated and nearly run off the road by speeders and wreckless drivers.I figure if you can't drive the speed limit then you deserve a ticket.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:51 PM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by fstlane4me
I used to warn everyone about leo's hiding out.I don't anymore because I'm sick of being tailgated and nearly run off the road by speeders and wreckless drivers.I figure if you can't drive the speed limit then you deserve a ticket.
nothing against this, but it is an intersting screen name you've chosen with this philosophy.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Courtesy - LEO ahead