General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Le-pera seats

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 04:51 PM
1peter
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Le-pera seats

Has anyone tried a le-pera Serrento or Maverick seat on their Softail ?? I am just wondering how comfortable they are as a 2 up seat for long distances ??

Old 08-09-2010, 05:16 PM
ROMPUS
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mustang is the best i have had(thats just me)you might like something different.

Old 08-09-2010, 06:40 PM
MikeySom
Road Captain

Received 345 Likes on 150 Posts

Le-Pera seats look great but are not known for comfort. If you want comfort I like Mustang or Corbin with riders backrest cant beet it on the long haul.

Last edited by MikeySom; 08-09-2010 at 06:42 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:56 PM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hard, uncomfortable garbage... mine went right back (albeit reluctantly he didn't want that P.O.S. back either.)

the screws weren't even recessed on the bottom so they dug into the frame and you had to bend pan a bit to tighten it down with the screws gouging the frame. i wouldn't recommend them, you get what you pay for.

Old 08-09-2010, 09:18 PM
sullyboo
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Corbin Duel Touring, a Lepera Maverick the seat that came with my bike a Badlander seat and the Lepera seat is very comfortable and I can ride for hours and butt never gets sore. The Harley seat hurts after about 2 hours. The Corbin seat is so bad that after 20 mins. I have to get off the bike. All are made very well with top quallity leather.

Just because Lepera is good for me does not mean it will be good for you. Everyone backside is different and you have to find what fits yours.

Old 08-11-2010, 03:15 AM
1peter
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the replies, has anyone else got a Lepera Maverick or serento seat on their softy ?? How comfortable are they.

Old 08-11-2010, 03:31 AM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,480 Likes on 2,478 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeySom
Le-Pera seats look great but are not known for comfort. If you want comfort I like Mustang or Corbin with riders backrest cant beet it on the long haul.
I agree. I have a LePera skinny cobra on my Fatboy--IMHO nobody makes a better looking,or more uncomfortable seat. Something about the look of their leather screams quality, but I put on my stocker if I'm gonna go distance. Same with my RoadKing--got a Stripper on there;looks like it was made by LePera, but the stocker goes on for long rides. I've learned, when it comes to bikes & cars, you can't have both looks AND comfort (Cadillac VS Corvette)

Last edited by dickey; 08-11-2010 at 03:33 AM.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:20 AM
Beak
Road Master
Received 284 Likes on 131 Posts

Had a Sorrento on my Fatboy. It was a great looking seat. My wife didnt mind it when we road two up on occasion. Yes its a bit firmer than the Harley seat. If you are buying new talk to them they have different weights of foam, and also use gel pads in them. I like ours, but I know their are those who dont. To each his own I guess.

Old 08-11-2010, 07:26 AM
roadking2000
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 127 Likes on 100 Posts

I'm not a big LePera fan. I'd get a Mustang or a Danny Gray. I currently have one of each. I've had several Mustangs on various bikes, and all were very comfortable over the long haul. My Dyna has a Mustang and my RK has my first Danny Gray, which is the best looking and most comfortable seat I've ever had.

Old 08-11-2010, 10:18 PM
dertyone22
Cruiser
Received 325 Likes on 95 Posts

I was looking at getting a mustang for my deuce because of all the great feedback on them from friends. I ended up with a sundowner from harley. The price was right (free). I just rode 950 miles in 3 days on a trip to the U.P. of Michigan. Never had any soreness and could of rode another 950. My stock badlander I would of lasted 2 hours before I had to take a break. The sundowner is a winner in my book and wasn't even a seat I would of considered before. My fiancee is also a big fan and the biggest critic on comfort. My advice is try to find a few different seats at the dealer, charity ride, or event and try em out.

Quick Reply: Le-pera seats