General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MSF Course = completed [cool].

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 07:04 PM
Stickman81
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks everyone for the related stories and kind words!

Old 11-18-2010, 07:04 PM
Port Dawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

MSF course well worth the money and ingrains some valuable skills. In fact the only guy who didn't pass my class was a guy that had been riding for awhile...I guess bad habits are hard to break?

Congrats! The more time in the saddle you get the more your confidence will grow

Old 11-18-2010, 07:26 PM
Nellybelle
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats. One of the smartest thing you've ever done. My wife and I both took the BRC and the the ERC. Every spring we head to the High school parking lot and practice the skills until we feel confidant to face the cagers. Good Luck.....

Old 11-18-2010, 07:37 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

Congrats ! After taking what you've learned to the street, continue to practice, practice, practice. Get the Ride Like a Pro video to further advance your skills.

Students like yourself are far easier to teach than those who come in after riding for years, but had never learned the basics, but instead, had bad habits to unlearn.

Old 11-18-2010, 08:46 PM
don g
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Congradulations

It's a great platform to build on. Like others have said, practice on a regular basis and keep building your skills. It's interesting as your skilled do develop how you'll notice others limited skills because they never took a class to give them something to build from. Ride safe.

Old 11-18-2010, 10:04 PM
PyroFLSTC
Advanced

Could not agree more with all the follow-ups to your post.
I did the BRC mid-Oct and it was the best money and time I'd spent since I bought my bike. I can't wait to take the Riders Edge and Skilled riders next year.

SEE and enjoy that Glide.

Old 11-18-2010, 10:20 PM
MrMax
Cruiser

Congratulations. I took it 20 years ago myself simply for the insurance discount. I had already been riding for almost 20 years both in the dirt, and on the street at the time, and was pleasantly surprised to pick up some good solid tips.

I also sent my wife through the course 13-14 years ago. Not for the insurance discount however, but to help give her a solid grasp on the basic's of riding before we bought her her first bike.

I cant say enough good things about the program. Actually someday I'd like to find the time for my wife and myself to take their advanced rider course.
Regards,
R

Last edited by MrMax; 11-18-2010 at 10:23 PM.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:10 PM
outlaw0013
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm taking the ERC tomorrow morning. I'm lucky though it's supposed to be in the lower 40's!!

Old 11-19-2010, 05:47 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Once you've had the course, it's all about riding time. Within a few months your skill and confidence will go way up, as long as you just keep riding. In a year or so, go to the Experienced Rider Course - you basically do the BRC, but on your own motorcycle. When I went through, there was one guy who did the whole course, successfully, on a huge modern style chopper (OCC, Big Dawg, etc., style) - it did scrape doing S turns...and everything else.

Last edited by brenn; 11-19-2010 at 05:58 AM.
Old 11-19-2010, 05:55 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,622 Posts

Good choice...took mine 22+ years ago & still use some of the tactics while driving. Don't know if I'd retake every year (bit extreme), but you can practice in lg parking lot on a continued basis. Each spring I usually take the scoot down the road to a local church lot - very large, empty & has light poles. I'll run through some practice maneuvers to get my skills back for another riding season. Ride safe!

Quick Reply: MSF Course = completed [cool].