General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oklahoma Motorcycle Test

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 01:17 PM
MrMojo
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I took the MSF class, learned a lot, passed their written and riding test and then walked into the DMV and had my endorsement in 5 mins.

Old 05-26-2011, 10:00 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I took my test in a small farm town in n. Alberta - the testers came once a week to the community centre. Inside for the written test, a few parking lot stops and turns and they sent you around the block (out of sight) by yourself. Basically if you can back with no signs of an accident you passed. LOL

Old 05-26-2011, 10:06 PM
LAMing
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've ridden motorcycles since right after the Civil War. I was so old OK "grandfathered" me in when they went to the "M" endorsement.

I've often wondered what was involved in a motorcycle endorsement: Wife needs one. (Though she's ridden since the mid-1970's... she didn't grandfather in. Silly us.)

Old 05-26-2011, 10:19 PM
sniperduce
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the OP is interested in Oklahoma experience. In Norman Oklahoma you can ride the bike to the office. I did and they could care less how it got there. The written part of the test is on computer and if you read the free handbook before you go you'd have to be a moron to fail it. The riding test was a joke too. You do need long sleeves, gloves, a DOT helmet and eye protection- unless you have a windshield. I took my 150 scooter for the test. No headphones or communication with the test person in the cage. He follow me around in a residential subdivision for 2 minutes. They know if you can ride or by the time you leave the lot. I'd call you local DMV and ask them about driving your bike to the test location. Some offices only do the driving test on certain days. The written can be done anytime they are open at least in Norman thats the way it was. Good Luck.

Old 05-26-2011, 10:30 PM
FlamedFXR
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,544 Likes on 657 Posts

"Now I am really wondering about using a damn trailer...." You need a license to drive a trailer in OK ? Damn that state is strict.

Old 05-26-2011, 10:46 PM
takiniteasy09Ultra
Tourer

"Don't ride the bike to the test without a permit."

Now that's funny stuff right there. you mean some of ya'll did that? that's why rules were invented...'cause of some of us ain't smart enough.
Just couldn't help but laugh. Sorry guys.
Ride Safe

Old 05-27-2011, 10:24 AM
MatSubZero
Cruiser

Originally Posted by frontiercat
They talk to you through a walkie-talkie kind of thing....tell you to turn, stop, blah, blah.

Good luck
They follow behind you in a car.

Gotta have blinkers too, DOT helmet, goggles... Don't remember anything about gloves or anything. Took mine in Tulsa county 10 years ago. Make sure all your lights & horn work. Remember, it's law in OKla to ride with headlight on. Although blinkers & helmet are not law here, you still need them to take the test. Also, physically turn your head when checking cross-traffic & train tracks. Make sure they see you looking.

Last edited by MatSubZero; 05-27-2011 at 10:29 AM.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:30 AM
Matt990724
Road Master
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by takiniteasy09Ultra
"Don't ride the bike to the test without a permit."

Now that's funny stuff right there. you mean some of ya'll did that? that's why rules were invented...'cause of some of us ain't smart enough.
Just couldn't help but laugh. Sorry guys.
Ride Safe
I talked to more than one testing location. Their "official" policy is "don't ask don't tell", re: how you and the bike got there.

Old 05-27-2011, 10:59 AM
Big AL 76
Advanced

dayam i guess i had it easy here in Mass with my road test. Did a couple figure 8's and a couple cirlces and was done..

Old 05-27-2011, 12:06 PM
ArtySmoke
Cruiser

In Lawton they give you a walkie talkie type device and the examiner will give you directions while following you in a car. You would be better off taking a MSF class first in lieu of the driving test, IMO.

Quick Reply: Oklahoma Motorcycle Test