General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Rentals- Hawaiian Style

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 02:57 AM
BlockHead96
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
Default HD Rentals- Hawaiian Style

Wife and I are headed to Hawiiai, Oahu, HD is on the island, so going to go for it, anybody done the HD rental? Input as to your experience and cost. If a Street Glide is available, I'm going for it, as that is likely the next bike.

Old 07-04-2011, 03:47 AM
ZeroFiveFour
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Blockhead96,
Hope you have a good time while youre here.

Here is the dealer that rents:

Cycle City harley. I have never rented there but they list it as an option on their page.
They are very near to the air port.

http://www.cyclecityltd.com/custompage.asp?pg=rentals

Hope that helps and good luck.

Tom

Old 07-04-2011, 09:47 AM
kevmic28
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just about all the rental shops have bikes for rent. Shop around to try to find a good deal. The shop down the street from my hotel rented them and they were only like 20 bucks more than a jeep.
Do a google search many have websites online.

Old 07-04-2011, 10:36 AM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

About 10 years ago I rented a Harley on the big island. It was about $150 a day.Maybe Oahu will be less at it is a more popular island. Good idea to rent a bike you want to get next.

Old 07-04-2011, 10:59 AM
mikebell_eng
Cruiser

Never rented in Hawaii but rented the last time I was in Arizona (2 years ago) I was hesitant but it was well worth the money. It was $100 a day with a $2K deposit on your credit card. Scraped the Fat Boy Low's footpads several times but they didn't give me any hassel about it. Overall good experience with the rental and a great time on the twisties.

Old 07-04-2011, 11:01 AM
Big_Al47
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 93 Likes on 40 Posts

My wife and I were just looking at hotels in Hawaii, we plan on going later this year or next summer. I didn't even think of renting a Harley, but now I am. Thanks for the heads up.

Not to hijack the thread, but if anyone has ever been to Hawaii and has some advice/tips/etc., please PM me

Old 07-04-2011, 11:07 AM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Big_Al47

Not to hijack the thread, but if anyone has ever been to Hawaii and has some advice/tips/etc., please PM me
Which island?

Old 07-04-2011, 12:13 PM
kevmic28
Road Warrior

I stayed in Waikiki at the Illikai Next to the Hawaiian Hilton Villiage. Good hotel and great views but I saw online where they are going through bankruptcy. The Hawaiian Viliage is awesome but expensive. The great thing about being next door was we went over and took advantage of all the cool stuff next door at the villiage.

Old 07-04-2011, 12:36 PM
BlockHead96
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ZeroFiveFour
Blockhead96,
Hope you have a good time while youre here.

Here is the dealer that rents:

Cycle City harley. I have never rented there but they list it as an option on their page.
They are very near to the air port.

http://www.cyclecityltd.com/custompage.asp?pg=rentals

Hope that helps and good luck.

Tom

Thanks man, it's been a long time since I was there. Twice while in the Navy then when my cousin lived there. I did see the Cycle City Rental in a search I did.Isn't there a full HD dealer by Diamond Head?

Originally Posted by mikebell_eng
Never rented in Hawaii but rented the last time I was in Arizona (2 years ago) I was hesitant but it was well worth the money. It was $100 a day with a $2K deposit on your credit card. Scraped the Fat Boy Low's footpads several times but they didn't give me any hassel about it. Overall good experience with the rental and a great time on the twisties.

Pretty cheap, that's a good thing! Much cheaper than renting in Reno, NV! In Reno, it was $250.00 a day. On Oahu I think it said like $150.00 a day. You can have a lot of fun in a day. Only thing is, they have a Interstate that goes no where, but in a circle, LOL.

Originally Posted by Big_Al47
Bring mucho cash, it is expensive..

Last edited by BlockHead96; 07-04-2011 at 12:38 PM.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:59 PM
SanJuanRon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 145 Likes on 93 Posts
Default Hawaii Rentals

I rented this February (Lahaina, Maui) for around $160 per day (24 hour period) with unlimited miles. I rented a brand new 2011 Heritage (less than 100 miles) and dropped it off 24 hours later with several hundred additional miles. If you get unlimited miles, ride it till you drop. SJ Ron

Quick Reply: HD Rentals- Hawaiian Style