General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gloves?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 09:45 AM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Churchill Deerskin

I wear them year around

Old 08-25-2011, 09:57 AM
Martimus
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm wearing HD perforated gloves...

Old 08-25-2011, 10:06 AM
parabellum_9x19
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I have some lightweight perforated deer hide gloves for hot weather, and full race gauntlets that I wear in cool weather.

I prefer riding without gloves, but having most of the skin torn off my hands would prevent me from doing my job.

Old 08-25-2011, 10:39 PM
TWNomad
Cruiser
Lightbulb Lee Parks

I love Fox Creeks stuff too, but the best gloves I have ever owned and wear all the time now are my Lee Parks. I have a pair of the black DeerTours unlined and they are great to wear even into the 80's. For 90's and up I have my old mesh back Tourmaster gloves. But the Lee Parks are the perfect glove. I will be getting a set of the Lined DeerTours for the colder weather some day when I can justify the purchase, but I have worn the unlined in chilly 50's fall weather and was still comfy. And I have never had much if any dye come off on my hands. But I haven't got caught in the rain with them yet either, Not soaked anyway. The only down side is they are pricey. But after seeing my buddy get his hands tore up pretty good in a 40 to 50 mile an hour fall wearing the same cheaper gloves I was wearing, I decided my skin was worth at least that much. Very small price to pay considering he was not able to use his hands for much of anything for almost 6 months!

http://www.leeparksdesign.com/catalog_items.asp?pagenum=1&uTotalRecords=&uLimitP artName=&uLimitPartNumber=&cat=530-3637&imgview=y

Last edited by TWNomad; 08-25-2011 at 10:48 PM.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:27 PM
2DAKERB
Road Master

Finally broke down and bought some decent gloves a couple months ago.
Wish I did a long time ago.
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...ex-Gloves.aspx

Old 08-26-2011, 12:24 AM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Held Steve gloves - worn many over the years, some deerskin which is very comfy, breathes well but over time they wear though from normal use (not crashing) goatskin which are also comfy but get crusty after you sweat in them a few months, some less than quality made cow hide stuff but by far the best are the Held Steve which I've worn all year and still in great shape, still comfy and fit well, plus the palm is made from the toughest leather around - Kangaroo with a cow hide top. Honest to goodness three season glove - I can wear them down to about 50 degrees and even a little lower for short periods.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UkeA...layer_embedded

Old 08-26-2011, 05:19 AM
camsmith
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TWNomad
I love Fox Creeks stuff too, but the best gloves I have ever owned and wear all the time now are my Lee Parks. I have a pair of the black DeerTours unlined and they are great to wear even into the 80's. For 90's and up I have my old mesh back Tourmaster gloves. But the Lee Parks are the perfect glove. I will be getting a set of the Lined DeerTours for the colder weather some day when I can justify the purchase, but I have worn the unlined in chilly 50's fall weather and was still comfy. And I have never had much if any dye come off on my hands. But I haven't got caught in the rain with them yet either, Not soaked anyway. The only down side is they are pricey. But after seeing my buddy get his hands tore up pretty good in a 40 to 50 mile an hour fall wearing the same cheaper gloves I was wearing, I decided my skin was worth at least that much. Very small price to pay considering he was not able to use his hands for much of anything for almost 6 months!

http://www.leeparksdesign.com/catalog_items.asp?pagenum=1&uTotalRecords=&uLimitP artName=&uLimitPartNumber=&cat=530-3637&imgview=y
I agree on Lee Parks DeerTours. They are nice and I bought them from Fox Creek. Their customer service is unequaled!!

Old 08-26-2011, 05:20 AM
WVNightster
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As already mentioned.You can't go wrong with Fox Creek.

Old 08-26-2011, 07:10 AM
TKDKurt
Elite HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 88 Posts

I wear gloves every time I ride. With melanoma, I have to keep everything covered, which was why I have gauntlets, even in summer. (I was actually getting a line of sunburn between my jacket and shorter gloves, a no-no for me.)

These Tour Master Latitude's are comfortable even on the hottest days (I wore them on a 103 degree day on a long ride to Gettysburg.) They are inexpensive (~$45) at Motorcycle Superstore.

Attached Thumbnails Gloves?-tour_master_latitude_gloves.jpg  
Old 08-26-2011, 09:35 AM
jamesw
Road Warrior
Received 677 Likes on 257 Posts

Quick Reply: Gloves?