General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thanks jerks for blocking road

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 09:46 AM
Poolguy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by S.Brinkman
I usually stay in the left lane until I need to exit the freeway or make a right turn. That way I only have to be concerned with getting run over from one side instead of both. (I ride to work every day on 75 mph+ freeways.)The point of being in the left lane is because you are supposed to be moving faster than the rest of traffic. If you are not, get the hell out. However, the comment about cars driving through the middle of group rides is right on. I remember specifically being told by the off duty PD riders pulling road guard for us to stay left for that very reason.
This is how I ride on multiple lane freeways in town. The far left lane is the safest lane to be in to avoid cars merging from ramps and cars changing lanes. On open road interstates I like to ride the line in the right lane unless passing.

Old 04-14-2012, 04:27 AM
Thundermug
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Hawgnuttz
Here`s my take on this , as long as I am doing the speed limit I feel I can ride in any lane I want to, Call it the fast lane but does not give you the right to Speed over the posted speed limit... Emergency vehicles I merge but just because someone wants to go faster than the posted speed limit does not constitute me moving around just so he can go faster...
Heres your sign!

Old 04-14-2012, 07:46 AM
razzoo
Cruiser

Originally Posted by carlgrover
Ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!

Glad to see its the car drivers pissed off for once! As a motorcycle rider, folks in cars try and kill me on a weekly basis and it tends to get me just a bit edgy every now and then.

Pitcher of beer for the riders. I'm buying!

Blocking the fast lane and pissing off everyone one the road makes it better, not only for the bikers doing the deed, but for all of us out there.

I would like see them try that shiiit on 285 in Atlanta, because I want to watch (from a good way away)

Old 04-14-2012, 07:51 AM
razzoo
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Poolguy
This is how I ride on multiple lane freeways in town. The far left lane is the safest lane to be in to avoid cars merging from ramps and cars changing lanes. On open road interstates I like to ride the line in the right lane unless passing.
I also stay in the fast lane
Unless there is a vehicle behind me that wants to get by

If someone is coming up behind me I move over to the right to let them by.
I am also moving faster than the average traffic flow and I match speed with anyone coming up from behind (as I don't like tailgaters) until I can move over.

Old 04-14-2012, 08:03 AM
razzoo
Cruiser

Originally Posted by zeus33
So pass them on the right then. I don't get what the problem is.
I do that, but flash my lights several times in the left lane blockers mirrors, use turn signals etc. Passing on the right is also dangerous, and I should not have to.

Old 04-14-2012, 11:22 AM
JBourquin
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Which not to mention is also illegal in many states.

Not to say I haven't done it myself, but by illegally floating in the passing lane you're forcing others to illegally pass on the right..

Old 04-14-2012, 02:47 PM
Thundermug
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by JBourquin
Which not to mention is also illegal in many states.

Not to say I haven't done it myself, but by illegally floating in the passing lane you're forcing others to illegally pass on the right..
Passing on to the right of a car that is in the left lane of a multiple lane highway is not illegal as long as it is a normal travel lane going in the same direction. I don't care what state you are in. Using the breakdown lane to pass is illegal....but not a normal travel lane.

Old 04-14-2012, 05:27 PM
Iron Butt Springer
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hawgnuttz:

I love that i own the road so **** of mentality from mental midgets like you... (Moderators Please no offense intended to little people) Stop being so dam lazy and arrogant to switch lanes share the road....

Maybe that person your playing hog the road with is rushing to the death bed of his dying child or wife and you just caused him/her to miss that last breath...

We get that I own the road attitude WAY TOO much in New England, especially those drivers from VT and MA and its not just Blue Haired Old Ladies I'm talking about.... The worst are the fat 30 something blobs who live with mommy and drive 30 year old Ford LTD's

Let the LEO's enforce the vehicle codes...

Last edited by Iron Butt Springer; 04-14-2012 at 05:46 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:47 AM
JEDHRMC
Advanced

Originally Posted by Hawgnuttz
Here`s my take on this , as long as I am doing the speed limit I feel I can ride in any lane I want to, Call it the fast lane but does not give you the right to Speed over the posted speed limit... Emergency vehicles I merge but just because someone wants to go faster than the posted speed limit does not constitute me moving around just so he can go faster...
Somebody take this asshats bike from him...

Old 04-15-2012, 06:59 AM
ginfest
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Iron Butt Springer
Hawgnuttz:

I love that i own the road so **** of mentality from mental midgets like you... (Moderators Please no offense intended to little people) Stop being so dam lazy and arrogant to switch lanes share the road....

Maybe that person your playing hog the road with is rushing to the death bed of his dying child or wife and you just caused him/her to miss that last breath...

We get that I own the road attitude WAY TOO much in New England, especially those drivers from VT and MA and its not just Blue Haired Old Ladies I'm talking about.... The worst are the fat 30 something blobs who live with mommy and drive 30 year old Ford LTD's

Let the LEO's enforce the vehicle codes...
Here, here! And left lane floaters are aggravating whether its a car or a bike
After almost 40 years riding some of the attitudes I see never cease to amaze