General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Music while camping

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 03:24 PM
tourman12
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Music while camping

I'm biking out west again this year & I'd like to take some type of music playing device with me so I can jam at the campsites. I never had an ipod or mp3 player so I'm looking for something with external speakers that I can setup while I'm chilling out at night. I really don't care about listening to music while I'm riding,I'd rather just listen to whats around me & the bike.

I'm looking for a divice with 2 speakers that I can pack in my bags & pull out to use when my camp is set up. Something I can plug into my Night Train for power or batteries.

UPDATE-Tuesday,July 16th.....Thanks for all the feedback-very usefull info. I went to BestBuy & bought a Walkman mp3 player along with a Insignia speaker case. Both items cost $106.00/tax. Very nice setup for around the campfire-not to loud to disturb the neighbors but still has quality sound.

Last edited by tourman12; 07-17-2012 at 12:06 PM.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:27 PM
lo-rider
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tourman12
...I'd like to take some type of music playing device with me so I can jam at the campsites. I never had an ipod or mp3 player so I'm looking for something with external speakers that I can setup while I'm chilling out at night...
Be considerate of your camp neighbors and leave the jamming at home.

Old 07-13-2012, 03:31 PM
tourman12
Tourer

Ya...O.K...Like I'm going to crank it up & blast out neighbors. Lets all be quiet now & listen to the birdies!!!!

Old 07-13-2012, 03:32 PM
patrickd
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go to your local Best Buy and talk with the small electronic folks. They can show you everything they have that will fit the bill, with speakers and with headphones. Then start negotiating the price.

Old 07-13-2012, 03:34 PM
Big D Harley
Cruiser

I will agree, do not play your music at the campground, as they are places of peace and to escape the noises of the city. Get an ipod or mp3 player and use the earplugs to jam out.
Dallas

Old 07-13-2012, 03:44 PM
HarleyGyrene
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tourman12
Ya...O.K...Like I'm going to crank it up & blast out neighbors. Lets all be quiet now & listen to the birdies!!!!
I live next to a lake and camp ground: most campers are considerate, but occasionally there are some *** hats that like to blast it with the bass. What's wrong with listening to nature ? Wanna party ? Stay at a frikkin' motel with a bar !!

Originally Posted by Big D Harley
I will agree, do not play your music at the campground, as they are places of peace and to escape the noises of the city. Get an ipod or mp3 player and use the earplugs to jam out.
Dallas
+1. Or just keep it down to a level that doesn't interfere with others ! Some old crotchity residents might pay you a visit at 2 am ! Not saying me, but it has been known to happen.....

Old 07-13-2012, 03:44 PM
Iron Butt Springer
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Iphone and head phones are my choice ... But then if your not up with portable device technology you will be very challenged to get music on your device unless your a Itunes sucker and pay a 1.00 a song

Last edited by Iron Butt Springer; 07-13-2012 at 03:46 PM.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:53 PM
rubberfrog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 120 Likes on 83 Posts

If I can hear YOUR music in MY camp, then you are a dick.

Yes, I did come out here to hear the birdies.

Old 07-13-2012, 04:02 PM
faber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I was once at a FS campground where the couple at the next site were....ummm....there was a lot of noise coming from their tent. It wasn't musical, and it wasn't bird songs. But it was hilarious.

And, someone did approach/interrupt them to complain. It was kinda loud, but, dude...why do that to a fellow man?

Old 07-13-2012, 04:03 PM
tourman12
Tourer

Originally Posted by rubberfrog
If I can hear YOUR music in MY camp, then you are a dick.

Yes, I did come out here to hear the birdies.
Never said I was going to disturb the pease. Just looking to relax with alittle music at night. Who knows...maybe the campers will here what I'm playing & like it I'll invite them over for a beer & soom conversation.

Quick Reply: Music while camping