General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Langlitz Leathers

Old 09-23-2012, 06:27 PM
Twistnride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by aaamax
Wow. There must be something else at play here than just a simple discussion about leather jackets to warrant such vitriol. There are terrific self-help forums on the web you might want to consider.
In the mean time I wish you and your anger a happy life together.
cheers.
Anger? Hardly. Hard to get angry at an ignorant dweeb. However,I,and several others here,have called you out on your bullshit. Care to address that?

Old 09-23-2012, 06:41 PM
Sling Blade 14
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,789 Likes on 931 Posts

I'm going to drop a few more pounds before heading down to get measured- I know they'll alter it as I lose weight, but would like to avoid that. (vanity)

Everyone I've talked with said they are the top of the leather jacket scene- and that every dollar is a well spent one.

I'm in!

Old 09-23-2012, 06:50 PM
MYCRISIS
Elite HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Sling Blade NSAA
I'm going to drop a few more pounds before heading down to get measured- I know they'll alter it as I lose weight, but would like to avoid that. (vanity)

Everyone I've talked with said they are the top of the leather jacket scene- and that every dollar is a well spent one.

I'm in!

Holy crap! Does that dude have 2 boners? Just Kiddin'

Go Langlitz!!!

Old 09-23-2012, 07:00 PM
Xube
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Custom Langlitz and knee-high Wesco over cavalry pants. Worth $3500? Damn right.

Old 09-23-2012, 07:16 PM
davessworks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Twistnride
So..............................Langlitz doesn't know jack **** about a product they've been making since the 40's? Think I'll stick with their conditioner.

I didn't say they don't know jack **** did I? - I said I choose Lexol over their silicone based conditioner. Been to their store recently? They sell Lexol too. They haven't been using their current leather conditioner (actually made by Snowshoe Leather Dressing) since the 40's as components of their conditioner, most notably the silicone hasn't been available since the 40's.

Leather treatments are just about as controversial as choice of motor oil seems to be these days. If I needed to keep my leathers waterproof I might revisit this topic but as I do not, silicone is not for me.

Frankly I don't care what you put on your leathers, and I don't care what other leathers people choose to buy. It's nothing to do with me.

Do I think Langlitz are the best leathers hands down?
  • Well I think they're pretty good or I wouldn't have bought them. I think they're intrinsically valuable from a resale standpoint because they are collectible, particularly the vintage ones - I currently have some vintage Langlitz on consignment at Langlitz's store.
  • Are there equally good leathers on the market? Probably, maybe even better, but it's the custom fit that justifies the cost. Langlitz are quite old school and some riders will be happier with a vented design, particularly in other parts of the USA.
You know this thread really has got a little out of hand. Those for and those against Langlitz should really cool off - I mean, who the %^&* cares?

By the way - the good people at Langlitz say, when pressed, that they have 2 principal customer groups: The serious motorcyclist and gay men. I fall into the first category. I'm wondering about the picture posted above. Feeling better now?

Last edited by davessworks; 09-24-2012 at 10:33 PM. Reason: I hate my own spelling mistakes ;-)
Old 09-23-2012, 08:04 PM
MYCRISIS
Elite HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by davessworks

I didn't say they don't know jack **** did I? - I said I use choose Lexol over their silicone based conditioner. Been to their store recently? They sell Lexol too. They haven't been using their current leather conditioner (actually made by Snowshoe Leather Dressing) since the 40's as components of their conditioner, most notably the silicone hasn't been available since the 40's.

Leather treatments are just about as controversial as choice of motor oil seems to be these days. If I needed to keep my leathers waterproof I might revisit this topic but as I do not, silicone is not for me.

Frankly I don't care what you put on your leathers, and I don't care what other leathers people choose to buy. It's nothing to do with me.

Do I think Langlitz are the best leathers hands down?
  • Well I think they're pretty good or I wouldn't have bought them. I think they're intrinsically valuable from a resale standpoint because they are collectible, particularly the vintage ones - I currently have some vintage Langlitz on consignment at Langlitz's store.
  • Are there equally good leathers on the market? Probably, maybe even better, but it's the custom fit that justifies the cost. Langlitz are quite old school and some riders will be happier with a vented design, particualry in other parts of the USA.
You know this thread really has got a little out of hand. Those for and those against Langlitz really should really cool off - I mean really, who the %^&* cares?

By the way - the good people at Langlitz say, when pressed, that they have 2 principal customer groups: The serious motorcyclist and gay men. I fall into the first category. I'm wondering about the picture posted above. Feeling better now?
Lexol is the only thing recomended for most fine exotic hide boots. I've been using it for a very long time. Caymen gator, Sea Tortoise, Crocodile, Shark, Elephant. BTW, for the cost of a pair of some of these boots you could by a Langlitz custom fit jacket and the funny pants.

Just Sayin"