General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replaced my stolen '11 Wide Glide today with...

Old 09-15-2012, 03:50 PM
Dan28
Road Master
Received 209 Likes on 153 Posts
Default Replaced my stolen '11 Wide Glide today with...

A '12 Wide Glide. That's a crappy way to get the 103 motor. Thought about waiting for a '13 in the same paint scheme, but I don't think there would be any real differences. Besides the motor there were a few tweaks between my '11 and the new '12. I guess I had gotten so used to my bike, this one feels quite a bit different. Forgot how quiet stock pipes really are. Barely made it home with my mirrors, had to tighten them down with Loctight as soon as I got home, the wind alone was pushing them. Also, had to adjust the shifter right away as it seemed like it was 2 inches higher than my last WG.

I also am now positive I have odd shaped legs as I got a bad blister on my first ride home on my '11 WG, and now another one on the '12 as well. Its an easy fix with a Kuryakyn Saddle Shield, as you can see I had installed on the '11. I just got done ordering one for the '12, along with some mini floorboards and extended brake pedal.

The new bike also has the security package, and I have it chained up with New York Legend 15mm security chains. I also bumped my insurance up to "Total Loss" though they did well by me on the old bike even though I didn't have the Total Loss.

Old 09-15-2012, 04:36 PM
PureDeath
Road Warrior
Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

Well it's good to here you got a scooter once again, good luck and enjoy!

Old 09-15-2012, 04:39 PM
seabitch
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

huh?

Old 09-15-2012, 06:14 PM
Wide_Open
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 82 Posts

Sorry about what happened to the old one, congrats on the new one. At least now you are riding again.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:39 PM
tully_mars
Road Master
Received 107 Likes on 70 Posts

Question. Did you have Security on your old bike? How did they steal it?

Your new ride looks sweet.

Last edited by tully_mars; 09-15-2012 at 07:42 PM.
Old 09-15-2012, 07:51 PM
patrickd
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats Dan. That is positively, absolutely one of the best looking Harley Davidson motorcycles I've ever seen. You have wicked taste--twice.

Hope you get to wear this one out.

Old 09-15-2012, 10:22 PM
cmashark
Road Warrior

Received 209 Likes on 114 Posts

How in the heck are you guys getting your bikes stolen? I keep mine in the garage when it is home and the only time it is parked out of my sight is when I am on base at work. I know some don't have garages so aside from that, what are y'all doing wrong?

Nice bike btw. Dynas are one my favorite bikes.

Old 09-15-2012, 10:33 PM
Dan28
Road Master
Received 209 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by tully_mars
Question. Did you have Security on your old bike? How did they steal it?

Your new ride looks sweet.

No extra security on the '11. I don't know for sure how they got it. Don't know if it was a ride away or a crew who lifted it into a vehicle. Ignition and forks were locked and it was under a generic cover.

I've watched YouTube vids of sport bikes having their fork locks forced, local dealer guys didn't think you could brake the fork lock without screwing the forks up for a ride away. I don't know.

Pat the Wide Glide has been my fav looking model for a long time. I really liked the Night Trains too (with aftermarket seat)

Old 09-15-2012, 11:48 PM
deez nuts
Road Captain
Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

There's a special corner in hell reserved for those who touch Harley Davidsons that don't belong to them. This guy will find himself there I can assure you that.

Old 09-16-2012, 07:37 AM
big cahuna
Grand HDF Member
Received 227 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by cmashark
How in the heck are you guys getting your bikes stolen? I keep mine in the garage when it is home and the only time it is parked out of my sight is when I am on base at work. I know some don't have garages so aside from that, what are y'all doing wrong?

Nice bike btw. Dynas are one my favorite bikes.
What are some people doing wrong? About 25 years ago my friend came home from work to find his locked garage door wide open, and his '69 dresser gone. I guess what he did wrong, was go to work.,,

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Replaced my stolen '11 Wide Glide today with...