General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yikes

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 08:10 PM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Yikes

I bought myself a new pair of sunglasses from the dealership. $13 with the foam inserts around the inside of the lens which I like. It even says "Harley Davidson" on each side of them. They had similar sunglasses for $185. I couldn't tell the difference but I think they're Wiley X brand. I prefer the $13 sunglasses because of Murphy's sunglasses law: "The length of time you will keep a pair of sunglasses is directly proportional to their cost. The cheaper they are, the longer you'll have them. The more expensive they are, the sooner you lose them."

Last edited by barjbar; 03-30-2013 at 08:15 PM.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:22 PM
02fx4dude
Road Master
Received 251 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by barjbar
I bought myself a new pair of sunglasses from the dealership. $13 with the foam inserts around the inside of the lens which I like. It even says "Harley Davidson" on each side of them. They had similar sunglasses for $185. I couldn't tell the difference but I think they're Wiley X brand. I prefer the $13 sunglasses because of Murphy's sunglasses law: "The length of time you will keep a pair of sunglasses is directly proportional to their cost. The cheaper they are, the longer you'll have them. The more expensive they are, the sooner you lose them."
Actually, the way you describe it would be inversely proportional. But I know what you mean. When I spend money on good glasses they are lost, stolen, sat on, or stepped on within a month. Buy a cheap pair of shades and I have them for years.

Old 03-30-2013, 08:28 PM
TKDKurt
Elite HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 88 Posts

I had a pair of Harley branded sunglasses and they broke. I took them back and they said they had a 1 year guarantee and gave me a new pair for free. Something to keep in mind.

Old 03-30-2013, 08:48 PM
Def Mute
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 02fx4dude
Actually, the way you describe it would be inversely proportional. But I know what you mean. When I spend money on good glasses they are lost, stolen, sat on, or stepped on within a month. Buy a cheap pair of shades and I have them for years.
Read his post again...

That is precisely what he said!

(Ooops! unless he edited it since! )

And yes, that is the way it works for me TOO!

Old 03-30-2013, 09:58 PM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

so, not sure i have ever seen anything for sale at a dealer for $13...quart of oil costs more than that.

Old 03-31-2013, 05:30 AM
TheGeek
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by dan conner
so, not sure i have ever seen anything for sale at a dealer for $13...quart of oil costs more than that.
They are charging $10 at the door now for air!

Old 03-31-2013, 08:13 AM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member

Here they are: http://harleydavidsoneyewear.com/technology3/

It looks like HD just started selling them this year. There's several different styles and I notice they don't have any prices listed. I guess they don't want you to gag until you look at them in person.

Last edited by barjbar; 03-31-2013 at 08:18 AM.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:22 AM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,071 Likes on 2,555 Posts

There's no way I'd pay $185 for regular sunglasses. Besides, I wear prescription glasses anyway.

Old 03-31-2013, 08:23 AM
MJHJEA
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Ya, "inversely" proportinal. He said it wrong, but did clarify correctly at the end of his post. Glasses are one thing I "never" spend lots on. As long as they have the foam, are shock proof, and conform to my comfort.

Old 03-31-2013, 08:26 AM
Da-mack
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like Smith sunglasses. I've had 2 pair. Paid nearly $80 each time and have dropped them and scratched them. Then I discovered that they also make Suncloud brand for about 1/2 the price.

Now that I'm getting older I think I'm gonna have to get bifocals and some Px sunglasses.

Quick Reply: Yikes