General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beware of buying from Debrix Cycles on e-Bay

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 10:51 AM
Thongs2U
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Default Beware of buying from Debrix Cycles on e-Bay

I would not advise buying from Debrix Cycles on e-Bay. I paidby Paypal within 5 minutes of buying the item. 10 days later I asked for the shipper & tracking info. It hadn't shipped. Afterseveral e-mails (since they don't list their city or phone number) Debrix Cycles agreed to credit my Visa since they didn't have the part in the first place. There has been No credit to date on my HD Visa card. Now e-Bay contacts me and claims Debrix wants their listing fee back. LOSER......... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=230086219571

Old 03-03-2007, 11:06 AM
Tactical1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Beware of buying from Debrix Cycles on e-Bay

ORIGINAL: Thongs2U

I would not advise buying from Debrix Cycles on e-Bay. I paidby Paypal within 5 minutes of buying the item. 10 days later I asked for the shipper & tracking info. It hadn't shipped. Afterseveral e-mails (since they don't list their city or phone number) Debrix Cycles agreed to credit my Visa since they didn't have the part in the first place. There has been No credit to date on my HD Visa card. Now e-Bay contacts me and claims Debrix wants their listing fee back. LOSER......... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=230086219571
he might be using a dropshipper...

Old 03-03-2007, 11:11 AM
bradvols
Cruiser

Have used them once shipping is overpriced and when I got my parts (some short risers) they werent even metal just some chrome plastic crap.

Old 03-03-2007, 11:16 AM
mopardave
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

F*ck EBAY! I know people sometimes get good deals that way but I hate hearing about all the hassles.

Old 03-03-2007, 11:19 AM
dgator66
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Noted. Thanks for posting about it.

Old 03-03-2007, 11:38 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 64 Posts

ORIGINAL: Thongs2U
Afterseveral e-mails (since they don't list their city or phone number) Debrix Cycles agreed to credit my Visa since they didn't have the part in the first place. There has been No credit to date on my HD Visa card.
Cant you disbute this thru your CC company?

Old 06-21-2007, 02:07 PM
cycicle
Stage III

Just wanted to let you guys know Debrix Cycles does have a non-ebay store - http://www.debrix.com which they do list an address for if you're paying by money order (or returning items):

DebrixCycles.com
1442 E. Lincoln Ave. Ste. 110
Orange, CA 92865
United States

I did purchase about 6 items from them on Friday night (June 15th) (the only real big thing on the list are gas tanks), and again another item on the 19th (found out I needed another part). Anyway, they list on their site it could take 1-5 business days for items to be shipped, so if my stuff isn't shipped (the big order) by Monday, I was planning and calling and/or emailing them on Tuesday to see what's up.

Well, that brings up a new can of worms, how you call them when they don’t list their phone number on the website. Well, there's 4 main ways (sometimes only 3 - depending on how you pay - more on that later) of finding out... you can do a yellow pages search, which i tried and didn't get anything. You can try to look them up on the BBB website, which I didn't have to try, you can try doing a WHOIS on their domain (debrix.com - WHOIS basically tells you information about a specific website, like contact names, addresses, emails, and phone numbers, etc) which I also didn't try. Which leads us to 1 more way to try and get it (main way, that is), if you pay by credit card, which I did, some times the companies phone number will come up on your statement, which it did. So, I have not tested this number so I cannot guarantee anything, but the area code is for Orange, CA, but anyway the number is:

714-277-7498

Also I just did a BBB search and got nothing, and checked out their WHOIS and got the same phone number.

So if anyone needs to contact Debrix on a more personal medium (ie want to talk to a real person NOW - hopefully), Try the number above and let us know how it goes.

Old 06-21-2007, 02:12 PM
waterman7474
Road Master

i kinda had the same problem with the. i bought something from them that took FOREVER for them to ship. clearly, they have a bad habit of selling items that the don't have in stock, and sell on speculation. secondly, the item i got (risers) did not fit as described.

i'm pretty much done with them after hearing this.

Old 06-21-2007, 02:20 PM
OldBoldPilot
Club Member

Received 23,569 Likes on 5,222 Posts

Sorry for your problems--nobody should have to go through this.

That said, this board possesses a wealth of information on eBay and online dealers, as well as some super sponsors, too. If I were going to place an important order with a dealer I had no experience with, I'd post a query on the forum first asking for opinions. There are enough terrific suppliers out there that no one should have to endure the kind of pain you're having.

Again, sorry you're going through this--there's nothing more frustrating.

Old 06-21-2007, 02:23 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I bought spmething from them as well. I emailed them several times asking when it would be shipped and for tracking info as it was a birthday gift. The first return email did not answer my question in any way, jsut stated that "Jenny" got my email. I figured since they are in orange,ca I would ahve the part quickly as I can drive there in about an hour. Wrongo. I think I emailed about 3 or 4 tiems before getting the shipping info. I decided they sell parts they do not have and have to get them shipped to them first. Too bad. I have not attempted to put the part on yet, so we will see how that goes. I was disastisfied as well. But at least I got the part.

Quick Reply: Beware of buying from Debrix Cycles on e-Bay