General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Raingear

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 01:08 PM
exiledcarper
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

My favourite is my Ford Expedition.
Sorry, couldn't resist.
Actually my HD hi-vis does a decent job.

Old 02-09-2014, 04:08 PM
BUZZARD II
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

It's funny reading the recommendations for Aerostich. I was in the numerous thunderstorms at Sturgis last summer wearing my lightweight Darian. I seemed to be the only one in 400,000 sporting Aerostich. But I would have to classify it as a riding suit not a rainsuit. Way different type of gear. However for cross country riding it is the best. It's what you wear instead of leathers and a rainsuit.

Old 02-22-2014, 07:48 AM
eltabor
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by glide2meetu
Any of the Aerostitch products are great. http://www.aerostich.com/
Man at that price I would want them to provide my cigarettes and beer.

Old 02-22-2014, 09:45 AM
Yardstick
Road Captain
Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

I bought HD's rain 2 piece rain suit and rode 3 days in the rain from texas to virginia. It kept me warm and dry.

Old 02-23-2014, 07:17 PM
beastie
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Military Goretex parka and overpants. Big zippers and pulls allow quick donning. Huge vents to allow airflow to come in but not the rain and keeps things from getting swampy.

Old 04-15-2014, 02:45 PM
eltabor
Advanced

After getting everyone's input I believe Nelson Riggs offers the best value. Thank You All. If you know of any reason I may be wrong let me know.

Old 04-15-2014, 04:45 PM
Douf
Advanced

Originally Posted by BUZZARD II
It's funny reading the recommendations for Aerostich. I was in the numerous thunderstorms at Sturgis last summer wearing my lightweight Darian. I seemed to be the only one in 400,000 sporting Aerostich. But I would have to classify it as a riding suit not a rainsuit. Way different type of gear. However for cross country riding it is the best. It's what you wear instead of leathers and a rainsuit.
I'm a total Aerostich fanboi, but wouldn't class their gear as completely waterproof. Actually, I was reading this thread to get ideas for a replacement rainsuit to wear over a Roadcrafter.

Douf

Old 04-15-2014, 05:22 PM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

$10 can of silicone seam sealer, pair of $20 wal-mart splash pants big enough to fit over my pants. was looking at the aero stitch and the nelson riggs, i think i might invest in the riggs suit but aero stitch $600 bones for the jacket and another for the pants pffffffftttt ya i dotn midn gettig na bit wet LOL

Old 04-15-2014, 09:13 PM
DeeRides
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 39 Posts

I wear a Hi-Viz Tourmaster Defender 2 suit. http://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/prod...ctid=444&cat=8 I like it over the HD Hi-Viz 2pc suit I had for several reasons....
1) the top fits slimmer and doesn't balloon up on me.
2) the pant legs zipper starts just under the knees and opens to the inside large enough for boots. Whereas the HD's had a thigh length zipper with a velcro flap over it that wouldn't stay closed in the wind so I ended up with this huge 'thing' flapping around each leg.
3) it's much easier to put on and off and much more comfortable. I wear it as much for wind protection as I do rain protection.

Old 04-16-2014, 03:14 AM
myglide
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Frogg Toggs. I use a piece of my chaps that I cut off to snap around my knee to keep my pant leg from melting. I have heard of guys sewing a piece of ironing board material on the inside where it would touch the pipe. I have had mine for 10 years now and have ridden for days in the rain without any leaks. Light weight.

Quick Reply: Best Raingear