Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

power vision, closed loop

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2016, 08:17 PM
gonzosc1
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default power vision, closed loop

auto tune is hit and miss trying to get it to work. it seems that the O2 sensor stays open a lot and will not let the auto tune work. also this mostly happens when I attempt to do a second auto tune run to improve upon the first auto tune run. but if I start with a fresh untuned map it seems to work fine.
so why are the O2 sensors not closing on my second auto tune runs?? I have driven up to an hour and they are still showing open..

Old 03-14-2016, 12:35 PM
Vernal
Club Member
Received 7,323 Likes on 1,911 Posts

I would give DynoJet a call and ask them: 1-800-992-4993

Old 03-14-2016, 04:02 PM
gonzosc1
Cruiser

emailed them yesterday and got reply today roy said I may have bad sensor. I guess theres no way to test O2 sensors is there??

Old 03-14-2016, 04:28 PM
Vernal
Club Member

Don't know what bike you have, go to User CP and add a signature to your settings that tells what you bike is and basic mods

Check for Diagnostic codes:
http://www.fuelmotousa.com/p-29661-h...es.html#pcodes

Here are some checks from 2015 touring manual:

Old 03-15-2016, 08:51 AM
Fishonsc
Tourer
Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by gonzosc1
emailed them yesterday and got reply today roy said I may have bad sensor. I guess theres no way to test O2 sensors is there??
Mine was doing the same thing and dynojet told me the same as you. This is what I do and it works for me. I will flash any tune to the ecm expect the tune I want to auto tune. Them I cut auto tune on and select the tune I want to use. Works great. Now if I select the tune that is currently flashed to the ecm it will give me the same errors as you. Not sure why but that way works for me.

Old 03-15-2016, 03:18 PM
hrdtail78
Road Warrior

Received 565 Likes on 393 Posts

If they work with a different cal but wont work with the one you want to use, and they are both doing it. Chances are it isn't a sensor. The sensor reports voltage, and that is all it does. The ECM and calibration is what decides to use the voltage or not.

Old 03-15-2016, 03:24 PM
Vernal
Club Member

Have you updated the power vision's with PV Update Client?

Old 03-15-2016, 05:56 PM
gonzosc1
Cruiser

sorry for no bike info, its a 07 road king classic 96ci, has stage one air and wild pigs slip ons. roy from dynojet told me to start with map#2301

Last edited by gonzosc1; 03-15-2016 at 06:07 PM.
Old 03-15-2016, 06:04 PM
gonzosc1
Cruiser

sorry for no bike info its a 07 road king classic 96ci

Originally Posted by Fishonsc
Mine was doing the same thing and dynojet old me the same as you. This is what I do and it works for me. I will flash any tune to the ecm expect the tune I want to auto tune. Them I cut auto tune on and select the tune I want to use. Works great. Now if I select the tune that is currently flashed to the ecm it will give me the same errors as you. Not sure why but that way works for me.

ok that's worth a try, confusing but I'll do it and see what happens

Originally Posted by hrdtail78
If they work with a different cal but wont work with the one you want to use, and they are both doing it. Chances are it isn't a sensor. The sensor reports voltage, and that is all it does. The ECM and calibration is what decides to use the voltage or not.

what is the cal that you are referring to? I tried again today and same thing. shows NBR-O on the second auto tune run. I also checked the dash for codes and it shows front cynlider rich and rear cynlider lean, it has did this since I got the bike. I clear it everytime I try a new map or auto tune but always comes back.

Originally Posted by Vernal
Have you updated the power vision's with PV Update Client?

yes updated per instructions

Old 03-16-2016, 09:38 AM
hrdtail78
Road Warrior

Received 565 Likes on 393 Posts

what is the cal that you are referring to? I tried again today and same thing. shows NBR-O on the second auto tune run. I also checked the dash for codes and it shows front cynlider rich and rear cynlider lean, it has did this since I got the bike. I clear it everytime I try a new map or auto tune but always comes back.

yes updated per instructions

The calibration that you used the first time it was working. Log your O2 voltage and see what they are doing. Are they hanging at a steady voltage, or they actively going up and down in voltage?

Quick Reply: power vision, closed loop