Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Right map?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 11:05 PM
parisbe
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Right map?

Just had my sert installed today on my 07 Deluxe. I have V&H BSS and Big Sucker A/C. I installed the A/C and pipes myself, its the sert I don't know jack about (even with all the good info here). Anyway does this sound like the right map 159AE003-A1. Only rode for a few mile, but seems to run fine. Tomorrow the real ride. Thanks!

Old 06-20-2007, 11:25 PM
ernestchet
Intermediate
Default RE: Right map?

i dont know if anyone else has ever posted this or done this, but anyway.........on my 05 roadking i loaded the correct HD canned map for a stage one and if ran fair(but too much decel pop and not enough increased performance in my opinion), sooo decided to load the map for the stage two(i think thats for the 1550 motor??)and the bike ran great....very veryfast and no decel pop, but i was getting fuel burning in the pipes(not good).........so, i looked at both maps andand made a new map using settings right inbetween the two maps! kinda of a stage 1.5! and the bike runs perfect! the plugs look perfect as well!

this seems to work real well without having to go to a dyno or buying a twintech O2 sensor or spending endless days trying to tune it! did thison my 05 and my buddies 02 and 04! i don't know how this method will work on the new bikes with the o2 sensors?

but, this is a very good way to adj a sert for a bike with little expense and time invested...........i have also had bikes dyno'd and yes a good one will be a little better, but not much IMO!

Old 06-21-2007, 09:40 PM
parisbe
Novice
Default RE: Right map?

Took the bike on a ride today and ran great. No pop on decel. Throttle response is quicker. Accelerates hard and smooth. And it seems to run cooler.