Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

screamin Eagle stage 1 issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2019, 04:19 AM
sheda65
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default screamin Eagle stage 1 issues

Hi, please bear with me as I am new to Harley, I have just bought a 2017 883 Iron with scremin eagle stage 1 upgrade and V&H shortshots. First problem there is no gear indicator in the led display, the bike has been back in but I have been told this is a known problem with the stage 1 and there is nothing they can do, is this correct? seems strange that a professional upgrade would have this kind of issue. they did uninstall the MAP and reinstall the stage one which worked for about 20 minutes.

Also once the had put the MAP back the bike seemed a lot smoother for short time, but now sounds very raspy and a little lacklustre, i suspect its running rich, any thoughts.
finally idle when warmed up is around 950-1050 rpm is this about right, seems a little high.

any thoughts would be appreciated before i go back to the dealer, as they say knowledge is power.

i know HD have different characteristics so would welcome any advice
posted this on general chat, so sorry for duplicating but hope it gets a response here

Old 04-23-2019, 07:09 AM
shanneba
Road Warrior
Received 439 Likes on 365 Posts

The idle speed of 1000 rpms is normal for a Sportster.

What is the dealer using to load the stage 1 tune on the bike?
HD digital Technician, HD Street Tuner, DynoJet Power Vision, V&H FP3?

Old 04-29-2019, 04:55 PM
2011hdfat
Cruiser
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by sheda65
Hi, please bear with me as I am new to Harley, I have just bought a 2017 883 Iron with scremin eagle stage 1 upgrade and V&H shortshots. First problem there is no gear indicator in the led display, the bike has been back in but I have been told this is a known problem with the stage 1 and there is nothing they can do, is this correct? seems strange that a professional upgrade would have this kind of issue. they did uninstall the MAP and reinstall the stage one which worked for about 20 minutes.

Also once the had put the MAP back the bike seemed a lot smoother for short time, but now sounds very raspy and a little lacklustre, i suspect its running rich, any thoughts.
finally idle when warmed up is around 950-1050 rpm is this about right, seems a little high.

any thoughts would be appreciated before i go back to the dealer, as they say knowledge is power.

i know HD have different characteristics so would welcome any advice
posted this on general chat, so sorry for duplicating but hope it gets a response here

Is it an actual tuner you have, or is it just a ecm flash?
I've heard a lot of issues with just a flash compared to an actual tuner installed.

Odd ball story, but buddy of mine just bought a road king last year, new. Paid for the stage 1. Road all summer and was disappointed with the stage 1 performance. turned out, when he took the bike into dealer about how it was running at the END of the season, the tuner wasn't even installed. he had the air cleaner and the exhaust, but no tuner. they found it though, was sitting in the technicians toolbox, even had my buddies name on it.
needless to say, i don't bring my bike to that dealer, I'll ride the 4hrs away to the next dealer. lol.
Guess the moral of the story, make dam sure the dealer actually installs what your paying for. lol. but my buddy is also a bit of an idiot for riding all season and didn't bother to get the bike checked when he noticed it didn't seem right. lol.