Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

a rich or lean map

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 07:09 PM
Reece
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a rich or lean map

I have heard that the canned maps from PC are a little on the rich side.

so on a PC111 usb how would someone either richen or lean a map..i know the best way is on a dyno,
but just for a overall tweak which colum would you start with ?
I would just assume that the numbers in the rows would change up to richen and less to lean out
or would you just use the three buttons to adjust the map on all the rpm ranges

when you first installed the the PC did you set all the options availabe ( throttle , cylinders and pump )
my bike seems t be running a little on the rich side and i'm just trying to understand how to adjust the PC

05 ultra
stock ecm
wildpigs slipon's 1 3/4" baffels
ness big sucker

Thanks

Reece

Old 03-20-2006, 12:19 AM
Uncle Peepers
Road Warrior
Received 880 Likes on 415 Posts
Default RE: a rich or lean map

You can do a pretty good job without a dyno if you monitor your bike by looking at plugs, watching gas mileage, listening for decel pops, and the like. First, you have use the set TPS feature so that it's set to zero. Next, if you think your bike is running a little rich (and you're right; most of the Dynojet maps do tend to go in that direction), pick a percentage such as 3%, and reduce the fuel in each cell by that amount. Lowering the number leans the mix; increasing it richens it. Leave the buttons on the PC alone; they're really to general for what you're trying to do.
I found the accelerator pump feature very useful; but defer fiddling with that until you make some progress on the A/F mixture. And forget about the cylinder trim feature altogether (for the time being).
Good luck,
Uncle Peepers