Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

base map question

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 07:39 PM
arcticrider
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default base map question

Is there a difference between the standard flash you can get with just adding slip ons vs the canned base map you can get if you have a SERT?

Just to add to my knowledge, thanks

Old 01-16-2011, 11:13 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

if you're adding slipons only, there is no need to adjust the base "stock" map. if you're adding pipes and high flow breather at the same time then you must have at a minimum of a stage 1 flash done.

If you add just high flow breather, it is recommended to do the stage 1 flash as well.
As far as whether there is a difference between a stage 1 map and the canned map that comes with the SERT, I'm certain there are but you'll have to open both maps up and look to see the differences. jluvs2ride (expert with the sert and sespt devices) might be able to answer off the top of his head...

Old 01-16-2011, 01:21 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 216 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by arcticrider
Is there a difference between the standard flash you can get with just adding slip ons vs the canned base map you can get if you have a SERT?

Just to add to my knowledge, thanks
Yes there is a diffence. The dl is just a generic MAP developed for a broad range of products. The "canned MAPs" are more part specific. All the MAPS from SERT could be concidered "canned". I would actually consider any MAP that you put on your bike that hasn't been specifically tuned to your bike as canned. IMO they are just a starting point. In other words I could supply you with a SERT MAP that I tuned for your exact build, but it would more than likely not be perfect for your bike. All bikes are differn't.