Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Commander Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 02:56 PM
nada1
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Power Commander Question

In my search of Power Commander, I have found a ton of answers, but it seems as if alot of people have trouble with the bike spinning over several times before it will fire. Can anyone tell me if this issue with starting is only on the 06's, or is it also that way with the 05's (my year RK)

Thanks

Old 02-17-2007, 03:53 PM
cruiser85257
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Power Commander Question

It appears to be the later model Bikes. If your considering buying a PCIII, consider this also. Right now there are two running threads on here related to the PCIII. One is about hard starting, and the other is about hesitation problems and stumbling.

There is something that both threads have in common. That is the reaction and help from Dynojet...which is NOTHING.

Choose wisely before you join those of us who are already stuck.

I think the majority of us would choose the SERT if we had to do over again.

That's just my two cents...

Old 02-17-2007, 05:28 PM
JLHOG
Tourer

I installed a PC on my bike (2000 FLHTPI) last weekend. Just fired it up yesterday and she fired right up.

Old 02-17-2007, 05:42 PM
cruiser85257
Road Master

Glad to hear it JL. Enjoy..

Old 02-17-2007, 06:46 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

When I start my 06 with the PCIII, it takes a tad bit longer to start the first time. But afterwards, it starts right up (like if I stop to get gas). I have had no hard starts, just takes about 2 extra seconds to crank. No stuttering, no hesitations or anything of that kind. A lot of guys on this forum run PCIII's and like them. It seems most of the problems have been related to PCIII's on 2007 model bikes. I would add that I had mine dyno tuned and the map customized to my exact set up.

Old 02-17-2007, 07:11 PM
dchoran
Road Warrior

Interesting.

When I put a PCIII on my '05 Ultra, with the EXACT Dynojet map, it would turn over a half a dozen times before finally kicking in.
Then I changed to SE triple platinum plugs - HOLY BUCKWHEAT!!!!!!!!

I touch the stater button for a MILLISECOND literally, boiling hot or ice cold, and she fires right up instantaneously- UFB.

Had these plugs for over 5,000 miles - NO ISSUES - NO CODES -NO PINGING - absolutely satisfied 100%-never let me down.

Well worth the extra couple bucks for these plugs IMHO. Anybody else using them???????????

Just my experience - hope this helps somebody.

Old 02-17-2007, 07:13 PM
StreetGlide2006
Road Warrior

My PCIII is on the way. I will find out next week if the weather warms up a bit!

Ride Safe,

Mike

Old 02-17-2007, 10:17 PM
wishbonecg
Cruiser

I have an '06 Street Glide and have a PCIII that has been dyno'd twice and it still stumbles from idle and stop signs, etc. After looking at a few threads on this site, I have found many in the same boat. I would gladly have sold you mine as I am now going to a SERT.

Old 02-18-2007, 03:13 AM
FACTION95
Road Master

If the bike is warm it starts farily quickly. If its cold..... it takes a while. There is also some micky mouse technique of timing the start before the engine light goes out or something.

Old 02-18-2007, 03:09 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I have heard that if you start the bike before the engine light goes out, it will start faster (as Faction mentioned). However, I don't do this, the computer runs a diagnostic on the bike before ignition. This is going on when the engine light is on. I would rather my bike take 2 seconds longer to start, then to interupt the diagnostic. It really is not that big of a deal.

Quick Reply: Power Commander Question