Sponsored by:

M8 Performance Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2017, 04:26 PM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts
Default M8 Performance Recommendations

Hello, I put some money down the other day on a 18 Bonneville Salt Pearl RGS. My plan is to do all the performance items at once probably around the 1000 mile service. I have a Power Vision Tuner so I'll just get a new license for it but everything else I'm open for suggestions.

I'm looking for low bottom end power up to around 5500 rpm. I like to hot rod and play around but I'm pretty easy on the bikes in general.

I'll be changing:

Cams - Looking at Woods 222's or Andrews

Intake - Zippers Max Flow or Harley's Screaming Eagle

Exhaust - No Idea other than I want BLACK, since the 18's come with stretched bags I'll need a good 2-1-2 system or a dummy pipe for a 2-1 system.

Thanks in advance for the help and suggestions.

Old 10-08-2017, 05:32 PM
G-Reese87
Advanced
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by lhgdale
Hello, I put some money down the other day on a 18 Bonneville Salt Pearl RGS. My plan is to do all the performance items at once probably around the 1000 mile service. I have a Power Vision Tuner so I'll just get a new license for it but everything else I'm open for suggestions.

I'm looking for low bottom end power up to around 5500 rpm. I like to hot rod and play around but I'm pretty easy on the bikes in general.

I'll be changing:

Cams - Looking at Woods 222's or Andrews

Intake - Zippers Max Flow or Harley's Screaming Eagle

Exhaust - No Idea other than I want BLACK, since the 18's come with stretched bags I'll need a good 2-1-2 system or a dummy pipe for a 2-1 system.

Thanks in advance for the help and suggestions.

Been doing some research for when my 18 comes in and for intake the screamin eagle 90 degree bend one is really nice. As far as cams check out the cycle Rama 460 I seen some dyno sheets on here and they seem to produce good numbers and a nice steady curve in power and torque. Exhaust is seriously something everyone is going to say is completely subjective. There really isn't a right or wrong answer it has to be what you like. First you have to decide what's more important sound looks or performance. For me I'm looking into the rinehart slimline duals to keep the low end torque and the svt boneshakers. Little pricey but imo best sounding mufflers so far. Once again that's to my ears maybe not yours or others. Good luck with everything.

Old 10-08-2017, 05:47 PM
MPD12
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have also ordered a 18 RGS Bonneville Salt. Bike will be in next month. So far I’ve ordered Vance & Hines Power Duels w/ Eliminator 4” mufflers (black of course). S&S Stealth Air Cleaner w/ Air Stream cover. Power Vision Tuner.

My local bike shop has had great results with Woods 222 cam. I would love see if any other cams get better results.

Best of luck with your build.

Old 10-08-2017, 07:29 PM
Steel Wheels
Road Master
Received 296 Likes on 167 Posts

Look at the 460 from Cycle Rama. Lots of good reviews. Street Cannons are near the top for torque numbers - I was going with S&S but changed my mind.

Old 10-08-2017, 08:40 PM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Thanks guys!!!! That 460 Cycle Rama is making some great power. I read a few threads that people are not pleased with the 222 cams. The 460 is my pick.. Thanks for the info.

Old 10-08-2017, 08:51 PM
lrcormier
Cruiser
Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Since your already planning on using your Power Vision I recommend you check out Fuel Moto's website. Jamie has several dyno graphs with various configuration (cams, intake, exhaust) posted on his site, he buys a new bike every year just for this purpose. He also has headers for 17/18 bikes and a nice selection of mufflers.

The following users liked this post:
Steve Helton (11-15-2017)
Old 10-08-2017, 10:18 PM
Doshounds
Tourer
Received 161 Likes on 95 Posts

If you are going for performance. D&D will get you there. There are few if any exhaust systems that will flow enough to handle the M8 with increased cubes, high compression, high lift cam, and CNC ported heads. The D&D M8 system is barely enough to handle the M8 in a high performance application, however, it is one of the better options out there at the moment.

Last edited by Doshounds; 10-08-2017 at 10:36 PM.
Old 10-09-2017, 10:17 AM
hellbilly78
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im doin my performance research as well incase my bike is totaled and the cyclerama 460 cam looks awesome. My twin cam had a fuel moto 107 on it with head work makin 113ho 130tq. A m8 with exhaust air cleaner tuner and that cam is makin close to those numbers. If i recall the numbers i seen were 107hp and 118tq. But the tq curve looks awesome from the bottom pretty much all the way up. Mine didnt hit strong until 3-3200rpm. Hope this has helped

Old 10-09-2017, 12:36 PM
goblue90
Road Master
Received 334 Likes on 193 Posts

I ordered the CR460 cam this morning. It came down to either the TTS100 or the CR460 and I decided on the latter. Anybody know of a good ship in the Philly area? I'm avoiding area dealerships as they've all quoted me 8 - 9 hours for cam installation.

Old 10-09-2017, 03:06 PM
Bannana Boat
Road Captain
Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Haven't tried the Cycle rama's but the dyno sheets Sheffer HD (on their fb page) has on them show nice gains. The TTS-100 is a great cam as well. I have the TTS-200 and luv it. Super smooth and powerful. If you are concerned about having it be as loud as a twin cam, dump the stock header. I have the Fullsac Mx head pipe and it sounds waaaay better, is louder and performs better. Also, if your going SE on the breather, the heavy breather puts up the best numbers and looks great on the RG.

The following users liked this post:
ghostrunner (11-14-2017)

Quick Reply: M8 Performance Recommendations