Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil transfer fixed........

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 09:55 PM
MotoJockey
Stellar HDF Member

Received 3,090 Likes on 1,267 Posts

Not trying to throw shade on the otherwise sunny topic, but after my Seal/Spacer Fix, it took about 1000 miles to see the transfer rear it's ugly little head again......... then about 600.......... then 250......... 4 Oz. each time. Wait for it.............

Old 11-17-2017, 07:08 AM
Warrior 72
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MotoJockey
Not trying to throw shade on the otherwise sunny topic, but after my Seal/Spacer Fix, it took about 1000 miles to see the transfer rear it's ugly little head again......... then about 600.......... then 250......... 4 Oz. each time. Wait for it.............

What gets me mad is Harley just expects us to accept the explanation that they have no idea what's going on. I'm told to keep riding and bring it back to the dealer for them to correct the levels. This is not what I spent $25,000 for. I have wheels and a chrome front end sitting in my garage that I was going to install over the winter, I decided to hold off doing anything to it.

Old 11-17-2017, 07:27 AM
103Eagle
Road Master
Received 110 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by not a sock
Well, I don't really know what they did.
All of the posts on the oil transfer a week or so back is where the SW said it was impossible for the oil to transfer.

They never made a service ticket where I took the bike in, I gave the bike to the sales manager and went and picked it up from him. (I buy from him)
He said they changed a seal because one side of the seal would let oil transfer from the trans to the primary, if it was losing oil as fast as mine was, so that was the problem.

However, my trans oil is now red colored, not the usual Harley primary gray/brown color.

If I find out any other info, I'll sure let others know..........
No disrespect but........kinda hard to believe they did not make a ticket, seems like the dealer wont get paid by the MOCO that way. Did you even ask for a service ticket? I would think you want documentation of another attempt to fix an issue that may fall under the lemon law of your state? How bout you stop in or call your dealer and find out what was done to your bike? That way each of us is not calling the dealer and bothering them. If you truly want to help the rest of us and PROCLAIM THERE IS A FIX, one would explain what was done and show us a work order and parts list, TA, or Service Bulletin from the MOCO. I also agree that a longer term would be needed as well as the SAME FIX being done on more bikes to verify.....again what is the fix? The trans oil has dye in it now, the same process to verify transfer or not. Sounds like the TA0022 seal/spacer deal to me. Did the dealer tell you to return in 500 or 1000 miles for a follow up? And be sure to note, I do hope this is a fix whatever it may be.

Eagle Out

Last edited by 103Eagle; 11-17-2017 at 07:48 AM.
Old 11-17-2017, 08:04 AM
teedoff65
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,480 Likes on 1,066 Posts

Originally Posted by Warrior 72
What gets me mad is Harley just expects us to accept the explanation that they have no idea what's going on. I'm told to keep riding and bring it back to the dealer for them to correct the levels. This is not what I spent $25,000 for. I have wheels and a chrome front end sitting in my garage that I was going to install over the winter, I decided to hold off doing anything to it.
Well for me, at least they're acknowledging it now. Thats way better than "we haven't heard of any transferring issues".

First step to recorvery is admitting there is a problem. lol

Old 11-18-2017, 05:59 PM
GFVIII
Cruiser
Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by 103Eagle
No disrespect but........kinda hard to believe they did not make a ticket, seems like the dealer wont get paid by the MOCO that way. Did you even ask for a service ticket? I would think you want documentation of another attempt to fix an issue that may fall under the lemon law of your state? How bout you stop in or call your dealer and find out what was done to your bike? That way each of us is not calling the dealer and bothering them. If you truly want to help the rest of us and PROCLAIM THERE IS A FIX, one would explain what was done and show us a work order and parts list, TA, or Service Bulletin from the MOCO. I also agree that a longer term would be needed as well as the SAME FIX being done on more bikes to verify.....again what is the fix? The trans oil has dye in it now, the same process to verify transfer or not. Sounds like the TA0022 seal/spacer deal to me. Did the dealer tell you to return in 500 or 1000 miles for a follow up? And be sure to note, I do hope this is a fix whatever it may be.

Eagle Out
Agreed. They had to give you a receipt at check out. The receipt, which every dealer in country gives you, would say what they did.

Old 11-18-2017, 07:44 PM
not a sock
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 983 Likes on 551 Posts

Originally Posted by GFVIII
Agreed. They had to give you a receipt at check out. The receipt, which every dealer in country gives you, would say what they did.
Nope.

I walked to the Service with the Sales Manager, got on the bike and left. Spent about 1/2 hr talking to him about other stuff. He told me about the seal but I really wasn't paying attention.

I was in a hurry to get home before rain and had to get the Grandson.

I'll try to find out. You need to be patient. Bad weather here.

Old 11-18-2017, 08:31 PM
ghostrunner
Road Master
Received 322 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by 103Eagle

Eagle Out
Agree with you 100 percent

Old 11-20-2017, 06:58 AM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 216 Likes on 129 Posts

Nope.

I walked to the Service with the Sales Manager, got on the bike and left. Spent about 1/2 hr talking to him about other stuff. He told me about the seal but I really wasn't paying attention.

I was in a hurry to get home before rain and had to get the Grandson.

I'll try to find out. You need to be patient. Bad weather here.
So the fixed it while you waited? How long did it take?

Old 11-20-2017, 07:53 PM
not a sock
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 983 Likes on 551 Posts

Originally Posted by harleytuner
So the fixed it while you waited? How long did it take?
No.
It was there for a week.

As soon as I can get back, I'll ask.
They aren't very good for info, though.............

Old 11-20-2017, 08:41 PM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member
Received 345 Likes on 238 Posts

No.
It was there for a week.

As soon as I can get back, I'll ask.
They aren't very good for info, though.............
I cant understand how there could not be some kind of details on the fix on paper when it was Warranty work. Over the years I've had Warranty work paid for by the MoCo I have always got a copy of the work and parts given to me. You say they are not good for info !!! You tell them that was your bike under the knife and they owe you all the details you want. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Oil transfer fixed........