Sponsored by:

slip on mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 10:09 AM
zazen101
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slip on mufflers

I have a 2017 freewheeler and want to change the exhaust and want the loudest I can put on
any suggestions?

Old 05-22-2018, 10:41 AM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,518 Likes on 4,422 Posts

Originally Posted by zazen101
I have a 2017 freewheeler and want to change the exhaust and want the loudest I can put on
any suggestions?
See Also; I hate people and don't care that nobody wants to ride with me..LOL..JK..my wife has Street Canons on her 17 FW and they sound fantastic, very deep rumble and roar when getting on it..not sure what the aftermarket has for the FW, never bothered looking but sure there's obnoxious offerings out there

Old 05-22-2018, 11:01 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,364 Likes on 2,619 Posts

With slip-ons only, I would temper my expectations.

Old 05-22-2018, 11:15 AM
yobtaf103
Road Master
Received 274 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by zazen101
any suggestions?
www.toxicpipes.com

Old 05-22-2018, 02:35 PM
HD_fan
Road Warrior
Received 589 Likes on 358 Posts

Not sure if they make it for FW but look into Thunderheader slip-ons. I have a sound clip of it on a basically everything else stock on an M8 if you want it.

Old 05-22-2018, 04:12 PM
Silent_Sapper
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by HD_fan
Not sure if they make it for FW but look into Thunderheader slip-ons. I have a sound clip of it on a basically everything else stock on an M8 if you want it.
I would be interested in that sound clip.

Old 05-22-2018, 04:25 PM
HD_fan
Road Warrior

Vid above is with the TH slip-ons ONLY.

Oddly enough it (only slip-ons) sounded a bit better than when I added the bassani 2x2 headers (without cat), intake and PV tune. The stage1 sounded good but slip-ons only sounded better imo.

The following users liked this post:
Silent_Sapper (05-22-2018)
Old 05-22-2018, 05:18 PM
Silent_Sapper
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

That is a great sound for only slip ons. Over all would you say these are very loud or not so much?
wd

Old 05-22-2018, 05:37 PM
HD_fan
Road Warrior

I would say that the TH slip-ons is as loud as any loud slip-ons available for the M8. Be careful buying slip-ons for M8's as they are not as loud as the TH. TH is loud but is a good tone...not just noise. LOOK in the member for sale section under touring parts. There is always someone selling their M8 slip-ons and usually the reason is not loud enough. Of course not everyone wants a "loud" exhaust. I like a good sounding loud exhuast.

Last edited by HD_fan; 05-22-2018 at 05:47 PM.
Old 05-22-2018, 06:58 PM
Leverlution
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I have no idea if they make any for the trikes etc, but all I can say is that I'm very happy with the neighbor haters on my 107. Haven't done stage 1 or any other engine changes, just the Cobra neighbor haters. Much deeper than stock, has a raw sound to it that I love. I think of it more as straight pipes on an 350 chevy with that raw / raspy / poppy deep sound, rather than, say, flowmasters on a 4.6L ford that has a much cleaner / smooth sound. Its not loud enough to be obnoxious to ME, as the rider. I can drown it out with the Sena in my helmet on the highway if I want at cruising speeds, but you definitely have NO problem hearing the exhaust to know when to shift etc. Cars definitely know when im next to them now, stock exhaust id turn to a ghost sometimes, and if you really grip the throttle youll see people in cars ahead of you looking around before you get there. Definitely barks when you get on it hard. I only explain it that way because i've never ridden with another rider behind me, so I'm not sure if it would be considered loud to you. Its definitely a little quieter and less obnoxious than my Speed Triple that had a baffleless race cone right off the header, but I certainly wouldn't ride into the strict HOA neighborhood under much more power than idle, either. Even picked up a nice mini lope sound at idle (until the engine temp management kicks in). Haven't head them in person, but the dealer said the TABs with zombie baffles are loud and sound nice as well, but they highly recommended these for something loud and deep that wasn't overkill. They also said you won't get obnoxiously loud unless you remove the cat.

Quick Reply: slip on mufflers