Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tpms

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2019, 03:26 PM
howard829
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What Sven (serioussv2n) didn't say is the following that he has shared with me. Hope you don't mind Sven?

"I also figured out that CVO wheels have 8,5mm diameter of valve holes.
Non CVO wheels have 11,5mm diameter.
The stem valve of the TPMS sensor are made for 8,5mm diameter.
How i solved this to fit an 8,5mm stem valve for 11,5mm valve hole?
I used the "rubber grommet 1" of the T-Valve from FOBO to fit it!"

That is a very important part of this puzzle. If you don't mind making these CVO sensors fit a Non CVO Wheel, then go for it. I personally think that making it seal properly, where it doesn't lose air, is a hit or miss proposition. There are many different kinds of wheels out there that we use so making sure that the "rubber grommet" fits properly might not work correctly with every senario. At least I don't want to take that chance.

The following users liked this post:
Hawg Runner (03-30-2019)
Old 02-26-2019, 06:38 AM
Never2Late
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by howard829
What Sven (serioussv2n) didn't say is the following that he has shared with me. Hope you don't mind Sven?

That is a very important part of this puzzle. If you don't mind making these CVO sensors fit a Non CVO Wheel, then go for it. I personally think that making it seal properly, where it doesn't lose air, is a hit or miss proposition. There are many different kinds of wheels out there that we use so making sure that the "rubber grommet" fits properly might not work correctly with every senario. At least I don't want to take that chance.
Thank you howard829, that was very helpful. That is definitely information that was needed in this post.

Old 02-26-2019, 06:55 AM
serioussv3n
Cruiser
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by howard829

Thats correct.
You can install it on all wheels with 8,5mm diameter valve holes without any issues. This stem valve are made for 8,5mm.
If your valve hole of your wheel has a diameter of 11,5mm you have two options.

Option 1: Use a the rubber grommet of the FOBO T-Valve (cheapest solution, but you need to check if its fit)
Option 2: https://tirewatch.com.au/wordpress/?page_id=596 Tire Watch have the same sensors like the harley sensors. I contacted Tire Watch and they told me that there system fits on 99% of all wheels on the world (including 11,5mm).
So you need only the stem valves from them and the harley sensors for 100% fitment on 99% of all wheels.
You can order the stem valves as a spare part from them.

I have Enforcer wheels. And the rear enforcer wheel has the valve hole not in the middle of the wheel. So the sensor would also not in the middle of the wheel.
For that a dynamic balancing of the wheel is required and i only have the option for static balancing.
Static balancing is okay if the valve hole is in the middle of the wheel.
Because of that i cant follow it to get it working on my bike.

But i installed the sensor in the front enforcer wheel and used the rubber grommet of FOBO T-Valve, paired to the bike and it worked.

Last edited by serioussv3n; 02-26-2019 at 07:02 AM.
Old 02-27-2019, 08:15 AM
Never2Late
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the further information. Well it was easier for me to not do this and just put on 90 degree valve stems. As a HOG chapter member l get free nitrogen in tires. So that should help a lot.

Old 03-29-2019, 03:03 PM
Ultra 99
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Picked up my new 2019 Road Glide Ultra today. Had Agitator wheels installed with CVO TPMS sensors. My radio was flashed to enable the TPMS function. Everything works perfectly.

The following users liked this post:
misfit (10-11-2019)
Old 04-03-2019, 08:50 PM
aqua754
Cruiser
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Does anyone know the valve stem hole size on the contrast chrome Impellar wheels?

Old 04-15-2019, 09:19 AM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 167 Likes on 132 Posts

So here is the CVO sensor.

And here is the grommets from FOBO.

What all parts are used? Hard to believe the FOBO stuff will even fit on the CVO sensor.

Old 04-15-2019, 09:44 AM
Ultra 99
Cruiser

I didn't use anything from FOBO when the CVO sensors were installed on my HD Agitator wheels. They worked fine just the way they came.

Old 04-15-2019, 09:55 AM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 167 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Ultra 99
I didn't use anything from FOBO when the CVO sensors were installed on my HD Agitator wheels. They worked fine just the way they came.
I'm pretty sure you've mentioned this in several other post and I've mentioned the OE rims on non CVO bikes have a valve stem hole that is 11.3mm and the CVO wheels have a 8.3mm stem hole. Your rim has a different size hole for the valve then a stock touring wheel. If you'd have left the stock rims on your bike the sensors would not have fit without some type of spacer.

Old 04-15-2019, 10:03 AM
Ultra 99
Cruiser

Originally Posted by craigffb
I'm pretty sure you've mentioned this in several other post and I've mentioned the OE rims on non CVO bikes have a valve stem hole that is 11.3mm and the CVO wheels have a 8.3mm stem hole. Your rim has a different size hole for the valve then a stock touring wheel. If you'd have left the stock rims on your bike the sensors would not have fit without some type of spacer.
I have no idea what size the hole is on my rims. As I pointed out before, the Agitator rims came out in 2011, 5 years before TPMS was offered on CVO's. Maybe the hole is 8.3mm - do you know that for a fact? Why would they have used a smaller hole if TPMS wasn't even available?

Quick Reply: Tpms