Sponsored by:

Convert 2020 Ultra Limited to Limited Low

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2019, 11:04 AM
ramblin5
Road Master

Received 217 Likes on 110 Posts
Default Convert 2020 Ultra Limited to Limited Low

So far have swapped handlebars, seat, clutch and brake levers, and rear shocks from my 2018 Limited Low to the new 2020 Limited. Do I need to swap out the kickstand too, to maintain proper lean angle for checking fluid levels, or is there no difference in the kickstands. Hard to tell just eyeballing it.

Old 09-29-2019, 11:21 AM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor
Received 1,632 Likes on 1,177 Posts

I know on my '15 Limited Low the stand is different... has a long "tang" on it to let short legs reach it. Whether the actual length is shorter I can't say, but seems it would have to be. Both the rear shocks and front forks are shorter than the standard Limited.

You DO NOT want a stand that is longer than it should be. Most roads are crowned at the center, parking on a narrow shoulder will have the bike uncomfortably close to straight up... like wind from a semi could blow it over.

__________________________________________________ ____
For ROCKOUT information & purchasing please click HERE For all Twin Cams and Evo Big Twins & Sportsters

Also on amazon.com...
Imitated, never equaled... ROCKOUTS!

Old 09-29-2019, 11:21 AM
Red
Stellar HDF Member

Received 862 Likes on 483 Posts

Maybe check a online parts site. I think they have different part numbers.

Old 09-29-2019, 11:29 AM
heavymetalthunder
Grand HDF Member
Received 564 Likes on 408 Posts

In Wyoming the tang on the stock stand got bent down. It was like someone took there foot and pushed it down. I didn't notice it till I did a left turn and heard something rubbing. Looked and saw was pushed down, so I bent it back but the metal was fatigued and it kept dropping down. I ended up replacing it with a 'low' kickstand because I thought the tang looked stronger. That was in 2015 its still on the bike today. I like it better than the stock stand and see no difference in the height of the bike on the side stand. It is easier to deploy because of the tang.

Old 09-29-2019, 11:32 AM
Nitro 54
Road Master
Received 81 Likes on 67 Posts

When I lowered mine I had to replace the kickstand with a shorter one from a Limited Low so the bike wasn't standing up to far. Last winter I was pulling some wirering through the gas tank for driving lights and managed to pull my bike over on me in the garage. I got lucky I wasn't crushed. That's when I decided I better get a shorter stand.

Old 09-29-2019, 02:43 PM
ramblin5
Road Master

Originally Posted by Red
Maybe check a online parts site. I think they have different part numbers.
Thanks for the suggestion. The bracket and leg each have different part numbers on the Low vs the Regular Limited. Don't know if that means the are actually different or not.

Old 09-29-2019, 02:48 PM
ramblin5
Road Master

Originally Posted by Nitro 54
When I lowered mine I had to replace the kickstand with a shorter one from a Limited Low so the bike wasn't standing up to far. Last winter I was pulling some wirering through the gas tank for driving lights and managed to pull my bike over on me in the garage. I got lucky I wasn't crushed. That's when I decided I better get a shorter stand.
So you're saying the Low stand is shorter. I haven't had a chance to measure since my old Low is at the dealer right now.

Old 09-29-2019, 03:07 PM
Nitro 54
Road Master
Received 81 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by ramblin5
So you're saying the Low stand is shorter. I haven't had a chance to measure since my old Low is at the dealer right now.
Just measured, the length is the same just a different bend angle to let the bike lay over more. The low also comes with the toe extender where you have to buy and drill to fit one on the stock stand.

Old 09-29-2019, 04:00 PM
ramblin5
Road Master

Originally Posted by Nitro 54
Just measured, the length is the same just a different bend angle to let the bike lay over more. The low also comes with the toe extender where you have to buy and drill to fit one on the stock stand.
Ok, thanks. So all I really need to swap is the leg. The bracket should be the same even though a different part number. Unless the different bend angle is the result of a difference in the bracket???

Old 09-29-2019, 07:22 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,229 Likes on 2,470 Posts

you didn't mention anything about swapping out the internals in the front forks. unless you do that, all you've really done is to make it the same as the road glide customs and street glides. and those use the same jiffy stands as the ultras. but if you are going to change the internals, then yes, you'll need the different stand as well.

The following users liked this post:
ramblin5 (09-30-2019)

Quick Reply: Convert 2020 Ultra Limited to Limited Low