Northeast Tri-State Area NJ, NY, and Ct

Ride from NJ to TN Mountains

Old 05-24-2016, 09:18 PM
MikeAKQJX
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Ride from NJ to TN Mountains

I'm putting this out there for anyone who's interested in coming down for a ride from NJ to the Smokey Mountain Region in the Eastern TN / Western NC area this summer.

I don't have final dates, but I have a route planned with key gas stops and accommodations. I've also put together some make-shift rider loops from local maps, input from friends, and other online resources so that after you spend the day riding down, you have a couple of ideas on what to do after you get down in the area.

This was the planned route to get down there from Southampton NJ on an interactive Google Map, as well as a list of Hilton Hotels, local area HD Dealers, and suggested ride loops in the area... https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...qaYouvzgL-aClk

I was thinking mid-august time-frame. July 4th weekend would work, but that's short notice. This coming weekend is even shorter notice... but someone could pull it off.

It's in this category because the ride plan starts in NJ.

Last edited by MikeAKQJX; 05-24-2016 at 09:23 PM.
Old 05-26-2016, 02:02 PM
Twospot
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

How many riders? How many days are you looking to do?

Old 05-26-2016, 09:36 PM
Deucedog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 260 Likes on 135 Posts

Talk about coincidence. Four (couples) of us are leaving on May 25th and heading to Franklin, NC for a week of riding. Franklin is not that far from Knoxville.

Old 06-08-2016, 05:24 AM
1HD1C
Stellar HDF Member
Received 180 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by Twospot
How many riders? How many days are you looking to do?

what twospot said

we are thinking of doing a trip to tail of the dragon area and Maggie valley to stop at wheels through time this summer..

Old 06-09-2016, 10:01 PM
MikeAKQJX
Advanced

I was aiming for this week, but ended up very sick and had to limit all my travel (by motorcycle and by air). With work and other things coming up, I am aiming to leave on WED-26-JUL and return on SUN-31-JUL.

Old 06-10-2016, 06:58 AM
1HD1C
Stellar HDF Member
Received 180 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeAKQJX
I was aiming for this week, but ended up very sick and had to limit all my travel (by motorcycle and by air). With work and other things coming up, I am aiming to leave on WED-26-JUL and return on SUN-31-JUL.

that might be doable for run down but I think we are going to take a full week to 10 days..

one of the guys is leaving for FL tomorrow for a week on his bike and I will talk to him when he gets back

Old 07-23-2016, 06:57 PM
MikeAKQJX
Advanced
Default Dates Are Set

Well, I got myself pretty sick travelling for work and ended up in the hospital about 6 weeks ago with a terrible series of upper respiratory infections.

However, I am fully recovered and ready to get this show on the road. I'm keeping my site up for anyone that wants to see the directions from Southern NJ down to Knoxville, but I've set my date to Saturday, August 20th. Going to ride down and hit the music at The Shed & Juke Joint... it's also a HD Dealership.

Link is here: http://www.arpaia.com/future-rides.html.

Anyone else want in... shoot me a note.

Old 03-27-2017, 06:04 PM
Bob Coco
Intermediate
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi Mike,
How did you trip turn out? I'm leaving from Eastern Long Island solo and riding down to Austin Georgia to meet friends to hit Panama City Fla. bike week. I plan on hitting the tail of the Dragon and than the Gauntlet. I'm open to any and all suggestions. I'm planning on a 12 day trip but don't mind adding a day or two.
Regards, Bob Coco