Northeast Pennsylvania | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Good dyno shops in Southern NY, Western CT

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 04:50 PM
jmg343
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Good dyno shops in Southern NY, Western CT

Anyone know of any good dyno shops in Southern NY or Western CT? I live in Westchester County and am going to need my scoot dyno'd sometime in the near future. Ive heard stories about guys putting the bike on the dyno for several hundred miles. I dont want this. I just want it tuned and returned with only as much dyno time as necessary.
thanks

Old 05-31-2008, 06:19 PM
jsinger
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Good dyno shops in Southern NY, Western CT

Brooklyn H-D has a Dyno and the Owner , Junior , still wrenches . He'll do up Your Bike right

Old 05-31-2008, 06:34 PM
monkyman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dyno Solutions in danbury/brookfield ct. You don't need an appointment, but better if you do. He invites you to stay and watch, ask questions and you get a copy of the map just in case something happens to your tuner and you need to reinstall it. $250 for a custom map.

http://www.dyno-solutions.com/

Old 06-01-2008, 01:23 AM
jmg343
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks fellas. Looks like dyno-solutions is the place for me, but Ill call brooklyn for a price too. I work in the Bronx and live in westchester, so either one is easy for me. thanks again.

Old 06-01-2008, 11:54 AM
Protrucker
Tourer

Check out Dr. Dyno. I can't remember exactly where he is located, but Ithink he's in New London,CT.

Here's a quote from American Iron Magazine: After working as an Electronic research and design engineer for the U.S. Department of Defense in New London, Connecticut, for 22 years, Dr. Dyno, aka Fred Eno, retired and sometime later bought his own dyno. After several years of testing and tuning Harleys, he formed Eno Enterprises LLC in 2000 and conferred on himself the title Dr. Dyno (www.DrDyno.com). I have spent a lot of time with Fred in the dyno room and can attest to the fact that he knows his business.— Chris

Here's a link to his web site: http://www.drdyno.com/

I've had several conversations with him myself & watched him tune several bikes. He sure seems like a straight shooter & won't sell you stuff that would be a waste of money. If you tell him about something that you want to do with your bike He'll advise if you're wasting your money or not even if you aren't paying him to tune your bike.

Old 06-01-2008, 03:06 PM
Lintzra
Intermediate

I would recommend John at Dyno Solutions. Treated me right and did a great job. He did just move. I attached an email from him. Good Luck,

Dyno Solutions has moved to a bigger better location![/align]Now located on the grounds of the new Cliff's Cycle Revolution on Federal road in Brookfield CT.[/align][/align]Check website for directions andmore info.[/align][/align]Dyno Solutions [/align]465 Federal Road, Brookfield CT 06804[/align]203-775-7982[/align][/align]www.dyno-solutions.com[/align][/align]
[/align]
[/align][/align][/align][/align]

465 Federal Road, Bro...
Larger Map[/align][/align][/align]Add to Contacts[/align][/align][/align][/align]

Old 06-02-2008, 12:47 AM
granpa
Intermediate

+1 for John at Dyno solutions. He map a custom map for my 06 Street glide 100/100, smoothed it right out plus a few extra hp

Old 06-02-2008, 03:50 PM
WideRide07
Intermediate

I haven't used dyno services anywhere, but I know that Fritz's HD in Stamford and New Roc HD in New Rochelle both do dyno tuning. You might want to check them out.

If you work in the Bronx, then New Roc is pretty close. Theyhave Thursday night bike nights which I haven't been to yet. They have $1 dogs and burgers, and a small bike show...so it won't be a total waste of time. Maybe you can talk to some of the people there.

Good luck.